Do you want to influence how SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform (BIP) & Crystal Reports (CR) RESTful APIs should be exposed so that it’s easier for you to embed the available features in your application? If you have missed registering for the Customer Engagement Initiative (CEI) projects aimed at providing a platform for the customers (OEM/partners/direct) to influence the BIP & CR REST SDK roadmap, read on further.
In order to simplify the use of the RESTful SDK, SAP BusinessObjects BIP & SAP Crystal Reports teams would like to collaborate with customers who have created their custom applications using the JAVA/.NET SDK. The intent is to derive workflows for business scenarios and provide easy to use REST APIs rather than the fine grained APIs as in the previous SDKs. This would also enable to bridge the gaps that exist today in between JAVA / .NET SDKs and REST SDK. The team plans to collaborate with customers during the two CEI projects as mentioned below:
- Enhancing SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform RESTful SDK for creation and modification workflows
- Enhancing SAP Crystal Reports RESTful SDK for creation and modification workflows
The details of the two projects can be found at the above links. However, please note that the registration is now closed from the CEI team and you won’t be able to register for the same directly. However, if you are interested in participating for the project, please send an email to Sumitesh Ranjan Srivastava (email@example.com) who is the Coordinator Customer Engagement (CCE) for both the CEI projects. In the email, you need to specify which of the two projects you would be interested in (you can participate in both projects), your company’s full legal name.
The initial call is now planned in February’ 2015 (It may be rescheduled to a earlier date once minimum required number of participants are on board – the participants would be updated accordingly). Participants can join the initial call without any agreements.
How you can benefit:
- Deep dive into your custom application needs around platform and reporting capabilities
- Help SAP understand your business challenges and provide forum for feedback
- Work directly with SAP Product Managers and Developers to influence the sdk roadmap
- Get early access to POC / pre-release BIP and CR API’s for testing