Installing Maven in Windows
Maven is not just a build tool. It is also a project management tool. It does the following things for you,
Installing Maven is very easy.
- Download a stable Maven binary from http://maven.apache.org
- Extract the files. (Lets say C:\ in Windows)
- Set/Append the following Environment Variables.
- M2_HOME C:\apache-maven-3.1.1
- PATH %M2_HOME%\bin; (or) C:\apache-maven-3.1.1\bin;
- Now Navigate to the conf folder of the installation and copy “settings.xml”
- Create a folder “.m2” in “C:\Users\<Username>\” and keep the “settings.xml” inside it.
- (Optional) If your computer is under a proxy, open “settings.xml” in the “.m2” folder and specify your proxy similar to this.
Now open command prompt and issue “mvn -v“. You should be able to see version information.