Montreal Labs is Getting Closer to Customers
SAP Labs Montreal has made it their mission to engage with SAP customers, partners, user groups, and end-users. Previously, SAP development teams relied mostly on input from our Solution Owners to come up with their backlog and vision for our products. Today, we leverage the SAP CEI (Customer Engagement Initiative) in a company-wide initiative that supports development teams in engaging with customers in all phases of the product innovation lifecycle. Our investment to develop closer relationships with our customers allows us to validate our projects with their valuable input and in doing so, create the best Made in Canada products.
Recently, we have had the privilege to engage with a variety of local customers from different industries. Here are a few highlights from Labs Montreal:
- 10 employees from one of the largest supermarket chains in Canada were interviewed to provide a Retail team with important feedback on their current project.
- A Canadian handbag and luggage retailer sent end users to SAP Labs Montreal to leverage our new Usability Lab. This allowed our client to give feedback directly to our Retail team during their development cycle.
- A co-innovation project with the STM (Société de transport de Montréal) culminated in a pilot project, involving more than 20,000 users and significant media attention
- When SAP Labs Montreal was assigned to create Fiori applications, our local development teams invited consultants and partners to our Lab to participate in both functional and usability testing. This allowed us to get first-hand feedback, which complemented the results of our ongoing parallel tests in SAP Europe, resulting in best-of-class applications for our customers.
- Our Multichannel Utilities teams were featured in an ASUG webinar entitled “How to Offer the Ultimate Multichannel Self-Service experience to Customers without Breaking the Bank”.
=> The outcome? Best-in-class products resulting from local customer input!
- On the SAP Montreal Usability Lab: https://go.sap.corp/mul (SAP-internal link)
- About the SAP Montreal Customer Community: contact Ziad Slim
Like this post? Tweet about it!
Check out how the CEI team from SAP Mtl Labs is getting closer to customers @SCNblogposts #MadeInCanada