Manual Entry in prompts for BW variables in Crystal Reports Enterprise and Viewer
Crystal Reports Enterprise 4.1 SP 05 release is supporting the feature, manual entry in prompts for BW variables. Here I will be mentioning information on supported and not-supported variables and steps to have multi-value field for selection option variable.
Manual entry in prompts is supporting for following variables:
- Single value variable
- Multi-value variable
- Interval( Range) variable
- Selection option variable
- Formula variable
- Single Keydate variable
Manual entry feature is not supported for Hierarchy variables, Hierarchy node variables.
- The feature is available by default in CRE and BOE Viewer for old (4.1 SP04 or other) and newly created reports.
When you open any report or create a new report, you should have one text box for manual entry with add symbol like below. When you refresh the report with prompts, the report will display the below dialog with manual entry text box option.
Multiple values can be entered with semicolon separated.
Either you can enter the values manually or can select from the list.
2. To get multi-value selection field for Selection Option variable we have to make an entry in configuration file of Crystal Reports Enterprise installation folder.
Make the below entry in the configuration file (C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for Enterprise XI 4.0\configuration\config.ini)
Entry to be made: “sap.sl.bics.variableComplexSelectionMapping=multivalue”
3. In-order to get multi value selection field in Viewer, we have to make an entry in CMC as well.
Entry Location: Login in to CMC -> Servers->Crystal Report Services-> CrystalReportsProcessingServer -> Java Child VM arguements
Entry to be made: “Dsap.sl.bics.variableComplexSelectionMapping=multivalue”
If the entry is not made in CRE or Viewer then the field appears as Interval or Range field.
Hope it helps… 🙂