The first service package for the third packaged integration for integrating SAP HCM and SuccessFactors – Integration Add-on for SAP ERP Human Capital Management and SuccessFactors Business Execution 3.0 Service Package 1.0 – was released on SAP Service Marketplace on October 16th 2014. The packaged integration introduced variable pay integration between SuccessFactors Variable Pay and SAP ERP HCM. A brief overview of all of the packages and the strategy for integration can be found in my blog SAP HCM and SuccessFactors Integration Packages: a brief overview.
The packaged integration enables employee history and changes to employee history to be transferred from SAP ERP HCM to SuccessFactors Variable Pay. The second part of the process – transferring variable pay results back to SAP ERP HCM so they can be processed in Payroll – is due in a later Service Package. Like most process-based packaged integrations, this packaged integration only uses middleware. Currently only SAP Process Integration (PI) is supported, but support for SAP HANA Cloud Integration (HCI) is also planned. More specifically, PI version 7.11 SP12 or above is required. The figures below demonstrate the process and data flow for this scenario.
Once the remaining integration is provided – which is planned for add-on 3.0 SP2 – then the full process flow will look like this:
The add-on includes a number of new features and functionality:
- Report RH_SFI_SYNCH_VAR_PAY_DATA and transaction HRSFI_VARPAY_DATA to extract variable pay data from SAP ERP HCM
- Report RH_SFI_SYNCH_VAR_PAY_METADATA and transaction HRSFI_VP_METADATA to import metadata from SuccessFactors Variable Pay
- Report RH_SFI_CLEANUP_VAR_PAY_REPL and transaction HRSFI_VP_CLN_REPL to clean up internal tables after exporting data
- Middleware content
- Authorization role SAP_HR_SFI_VARIABLE_PAY
- New IMG entries under the Integration Scenario for Variable Pay Data node in the Integration Add-On for SAP ERP HCM and SuccessFactors BizX node
The screenshot below shows the selection screen for report RH_SFI_SYNCH_VAR_PAY_DATA.
The screenshot below shows the selection screen for report RH_SFI_SYNCH_VAR_PAY_METADATA.
There are several important notes regarding the operation of the integration:
- SAP PI version 7.11 SP12 or above is required – previous add-on’s have supported a lower level of SAP PI
- SAP PI connectivity add-on 1.0 SP01 or above is also required
- SAP Gateway 2.0 SP07 is required
- SAP Note 1814200 is required
- Inactive users eligible for variable pay that are transferred from SAP ERP HCM to SuccessFactors are not accepted by the SFAPI, although it is planned to resolve this in the 1411 release
Configuration and Setup
Configuration in SAP is performed within the IMG under Personnel Management > Integration Add-On for SAP ERP HCM and SuccessFactors BizX > Integration Scenario For Variable Pay Data. The node can be seen in the screenshot below.
The following customizing activities need to be performed:
- Configure details of the variable pay program in customizing activity Maintain Variable Pay Program Information
- Import metadata from SuccessFactors Variable Pay in customizing activity Import Metadata from SuccessFactors HCM Suite
- Map the Variable Pay template ID to a fieldset in customizing activity Assign SuccessFactors HCM Suite Objects to Field Sets – this can be done multiple times if there are more than one Variable Pay template ID *
- Map SAP ERP HCM fields to SuccessFactors Variable Pay fields in customizing activity Map SuccessFactors HCM Suite Fields and SAP ERP HCM Fields *
*Note that this activity is not transportable
Once this configuration has been completed then the add-on is ready to use. To use the add-on, simply run and/or schedule report RH_SFI_SYNCH_VAR_PAY_DATA (also accessible via transaction HRSFI_VARPAY_DATA).
The latest support package adds the first half of process integration to the packaged integrations for SAP ERP HCM customers who want to perform Variable Pay planning processes in SuccessFactors. Although it does not yet transfer the resultant process data back to SAP ERP HCM for payroll processing, this is planned for a later service package. The integration has some technical differences from previous integrations and these should be thoroughly reviewed and compared to the existing landscape, if any.