Hello SCN Colleagues,
I’ve seen few times people asking here about the “delete” button in iPad, and how to implement it.
There is already a post about iPad guidelines here: Cloud for Customer iPad UI design guide / best practices. You can also find there a link to SAP Service Marketplace, where you can download the latest docs. Since the mobile doc does not get into details about the “Delete” implementation, I decided to create this very simple guide.
How to create a “Delete” button in iPad C4C player
This document guides you on how to create a Delete button, so you can use is as a reference for further action buttons:
1. Drag and Drop ‘LayoutStackPanel’ from ‘ToolBox’ to List Column.
2. Right Click on the column and Select Model ‘LayoutStackPanel’. Add an icon over there.
3. Set the property ‘Visible on Hover’ of Layout Control to ‘True’.
4. Create an action on your BO node called Delete<NodeName>. Generate the script file and add this snippet:
5. Set the property ‘OnClick’ in UI Designer.
Create EventHandler calling the BO action. The EventHandler and “Misc” name must contain “Remove” or “Delete” as prefix to identify as a deletion column. As sample, you can check the “Account Team” facet of account Thing Inspector:
Click on the “Items” collection as following figure shows:
Then set the Icon ‘OnClick’ event to your delete event previously defined. Also, make sure you select an icon on “Icon Information” property right below it.
Suggestion: open any standard floor plan and compare its configuration with the properties of the UI you are working on (e.g. COD_Account_TI.TI) in case it does not work. You might have missed something. 🙂
If you have any questions, let me know.