There are cases where after an upgarde or a system copy of SAP ERP System, connection issues to SAP PI systems popup or you want to make sure all the settings on SAP ERP point to the correct SAP PI Integration Server after an upgarde.It could also be that you are setting up setting up an SAP ABAP System to connect to PI system for the first time.
Performing the below checks/steps on the SAP ERP system, should ideally resolve the connectivity isuues to PI System.
- Check the following RFC connections which are of Type T: TCP/IP connections : LCRSAPRFC & SAPSLDAPI.These RFC destinations are used for the SLD connections. They use the SLD access data maintained with transaction SLDAPICUST. The RFC destination LCRSAPRFC is used to read the exchange profile and SAPSLDAPI is used by the ABAP API.
- HTTP Connections to Ext. Server : IS_ENGINE . Recommended user for this RFC is PIISUSER. Status code of test should return 500.
- Maintain SLD Access Data: SLTDAPICUST . DONOT USE XIAPPLUSER or PIAPPLUSER !!! Recommended USER = PISUPER
- Check connection to PI SLD. Transaction : SLDCHECK. Below lines in green are of concern.
Summary: Connection to SLD works correctly
Summary: Connection to the XI Profile works correctly
- SLD Integration Transaction : RZ70
Also check the below RFCs required for RZ70
Integration Engine Configuration: Transaction SXMB_ADM
Check whether the Integration Server is corrcectly point to HTTP destination created in the above steps.
- Transaction SICF: The following services should be active ( should not be black)
- Connection Test: Transaction : Sproxy . All the displayed software components should be active.
To do connection test GoTo=> Connection Test
Finally run the below reports to see the check the connection issues.
- Run report SPROX_CHECK_IFR_ADDRESS.
- Run report SPROX_CHECK_HTTP_COMMUNICATION
- Run report SPROX_CHECK_IFR_RESPONSE.
Good Luck and Happy troubleshooting.