Procedure in Setting up Scheduler for WEBI Reports in SAP BI4.0
Procedure in Setting up Scheduler for WEBI Reports in SAP BI4.0:
- Open Web Browser and go to this URL address:
- Log On screen appears. Change authentication to SAP and log in.
3. Click on Web Intelligence Application icon
4. Click Run button in case application asks for permission.
5. Click on Folder icon (Open Menu)
6. Go to your Public Folders location, where you have saved your reports; in this example, path is: public folder->Business Units->MAL->IT->LCR->Inventory/Sales
7. Right click on the report title you need to setup and select Schedule.
8. The Schedule window would appear with “Instance Title” selected. The default value would be the program name but this can be edited like appending “daily” if its run everyday to make it more descriptive or the specific vendor code, etc to whom the report is assigned to.
9. Next is to click on “Recurrence” to set up the frequency the report would run automatically.
Different types of recurrence are available and each would contain selection screen suited for its type. Below are samples:
i) Immediate run
ii) Weekly run
iii) Monthly run
Note: The Start and End Date/Time refers to the duration of run and not the data coverage of the report. Also, the first entry fields refer to time; the last field is the date field.
10. Click on “Prompts” to setup the parameter the report will be using.
Note: Screen may vary as screenshot above was taken from another screen due to authorization issue
11. Click on the “Format” to select the layout of the output. Available formats are WEBI, Excel, PDF, and CSV.
Here we select Microsoft Excel
12. “Caching” option is available but this step is omitted.
13. “Events” option is available but this step is omitted.
14. “Scheduling Server Group” option is available but this step is omitted.
15. Click on “Destinations” to setup where the generated output would go.
16. Several options are available:
- Default Enterprise Location – the report instances will be accessible from the folder it was created in
- BI Inbox – the report instances will be sent to the BI Server’s Inbox of the user
- Email – the report instances will be sent as an attachment to the specified e-mail addresses
- FTP Server – the report instances will be sent to an FTP server
- File System – the report instances will be sent to the your local or shared file system.
Here we select on FTP Server
FTP Server selection screen will appear
Enter appropriate details. Port value is automatically given. You may skip on the Account field unless required by FTP destination.
Below are the descriptions of each field:
For file name, enter report ID followed by short entry of other details (e.g. vendor code, instances, etc.) then select “DateTime” and “File Extension” in placeholder drop down menu.
17. Click on Schedule button to save or Cancel button to exit screen without saving
18. You may review the setup after exiting WEBI scheduler screen, by right clicking the report name and selecting “History” .
Note: Other options such as rescheduling are also available here by right clicking on one of the displayed records.
19. You may click on Log Off located at the top right of the screen to exit