How to enable multi value option in Web Intelligence for Selection option variables coming from BW
In my last blog, I mentioned about the supported input formats for selection option BW variable for the newly introduced feature of manually entering BW prompts.
I tested the new feature further in webi rich client and after some effort was able to make it work.
Here is the step by step instruction on how to make this work.
- I started testing this feature by first creating a BW Query with a Selection option variable prompt as shown in the screenshot below:
2. This is the most important step. Add a registry key for a client machine running webi rich client at the location below:
The Value Name is the next number in sequence. Depending on your configuration, it may be different then what you see below. The Value Data for the key is “–Dsap.sl.bics.variableComplexSelectionMapping=multivalue”.
3. I then created a webi report based off the BW query using Webi rich client. I tried using the input formats as mentioned in the last blog (intervals, Expression with operator and so on).
4. I added multiple prompt values for Country Key as shown below:
5. Ran the report and checked the results:
Above dataset in the report shows that data brought back consist of countries with key value 1,2,3,4,6,25 and 33 excluding 5 (as NOT INCLUDING 5 was one of the conditions.)
I hope this is helpful.