The requirement was to filer the employees that manager could see in team view by criteria based on values in PA. Managers only wanted to see hourly paid employees.
Of course this would be problematic is an hourly paid employee was to hold a subordinate chief position as the whole structure below that employee would not be visible. In this case business rules wouldn’t allow that scenario to happen.
This blog hopefully guide though step by step of implementing a custom function module which drives the selection and configuring the team viewer to use it.
Step 1 – Create Copy of Function Module
At the lowest level, the selection is done by function module HRMSS_TARGET_EVAL_PATH. Take a copy of this function module and modify it to suit the business requirements.
Take a copy of the functional module used for selection by the object selection rule.
- In the example of Object selection rule ‘MSS_BIZ_RULE5’, the function module is ‘HRMSS_TARGET_EVAL_PATH’
- Change the function module to filter the selection as required
Step 2 – Create Copy of Object Selection Rule
IMG: Personnel Management -> Manager Self-Service(WDA) -> Object and Data Provider -> Object Provider -> Define Rules Object Selections
- Change the Function Module to point at the copy created in the previous step
Step 3 – Create a Custom Object Selection
IMG: Personnel Management -> Manager Self-Service(WDA) -> Object and Data Provider -> Object Provider -> Define Object Selections
- Make a copy of ‘MSS_BIZ_NOD’
- Edit the rules for navigation objects to point at the custom rule
Step 4 – Create Custom Structure Rule(s)
IMG: Personnel Management -> Manager Self-Service(WDA) -> Organisation Structure Views -> Define Organisation Structure Views
- Make a copy of the rules being used in the Chart Config ’MSS_TMV_BIZ_xxx’
- Edit the structure rules to point at the custom Object Selection
Step 5 – Customise Org Chart Visualisation
IMG: Personnel Management -> Manager Self-Service(WDA) -> Team View -> Configure Organisational Chart visualisation.
- If not already done so use the ‘Transfer Standard Organizational Configuration’ to Transfer ‘MSSBIZVIEW’
- The use ‘Maintain Transferred Organizational Chart Configuration’ to activate the new Chart Config
- Create a new Nav field view for the Structure which points at the custom Navigation Field Group: