With the release of BI 4.1 SP5, the first step of the free-hand SQL capability is being introduced with the following capabilities and limitations:
- The report conversion tool (RCT) can now convert a Desktop Intelligence document containing a free-hand SQL data provider into a Web Intelligence document containing a free-hand data provider. There is no restriction on what the data provider can contain (prompts, variables, etc.).
- You can refresh the free-hand SQL data provider in Web Intelligence.
- A new RESTful Web Service allows you to create and refresh a free-hand SQL data provider.
- You must use a secured connection.
- You cannot create or edit a free-hand SQL data provider in Web Intelligence.
Available on the SCN:
- You can create a free-hand SQL data provider in Web Intelligence by deploying the free-hand SQL extension provided as sample. Please note this sample is NOT supported. Find the sample and how to use it here.
As a reminder, the following table shows the Web Intelligence feature’s roadmap*:
|Feature||4.1 SP5||4.1 SP6|
|Migration from Desktop Intelligence to Web Intelligence via RCT||YES||YES|
|Change connection (.cns)||NO||YES|
|Change metadata type||NO||YES|
|Multiflow result set||NO||YES|
*This roadmap may be changed by SAP at any time.
Note: Before-release information by Merlijn Ekkel.