over two years ago I presented here the lite version of Scripting Tracker. Scripting Tracker is a utility and a replacement to the SAP GUI Scripting Development Tools. It is a SAP GUI analyzer and recorder on SAP GUI Scripting base. Now I decided to make all features of Scripting Tracker free available. In this case it means that the recording module is also free available from now.
The analyzer shows a clearly arranged tree with all SAP sessions and its scripting objects. Also it shows for each scripting object, after the selection in the tree with a single mouse click, a lot of technical details like e.g. ID, position etc.
With the recorder the program offers the possibility to record, edit and execute your SAP GUI activities in PowerShell, Visual Basic or AutoIt script language. E.g. with the + button you enriches the source with information comment lines about the transaction, title, dynpro – program name and screen number – and the session number. With Scripting Tracker you have full visual control about the creating code, now it couldn’t be easier to use SAP GUI Scripting.
You can find Scripting Tracker here.
2017/03/31 Update 3.15 of Scripting Tracker is available
- Implementation of Java™ code recording
More and more is the SAP GUI for Windows not longer the primary UI for the user activities in the context of SAP. With the perspective of UI5 and START I implement the Java™ code recording possibility, to offer an integration with other UI technologies e.g. via Selenium.
Hint: To use SAP GUI Scripting in the context of Java™ you need the Java COM Bridge (JACOB).
- Hint: After four years I decided to stop the further development of Scripting Tracker. It is available in the near future, but no newer versions.
2016/12/13 Update 3.11 of Scripting Tracker is available
- Implementation of a ROT viewer
2016/10/02 Update 3.10 of Scripting Tracker is available
- Removal of VBScript control, because the relevance is insignificant now and the possibilities are limited. Use instead Windows Scripting Host (WSH) with VBScript.
- For such reasons removal of VBScript debugging via WSH.
- PowerShell is now the major language.
- Scripting Tracker uses now UTF-8 as standard.
- Codepage additions for Windows Scripting Host (WSH), because WSH is not able to use UTF-8 encoded files.
2016/07/20 Update 3.00 of Scripting Tracker is available
- Implemetation of an object browser which shows the classes, methods, properties, enumerations and constants of the SAP GUI Scripting API
- Minor changes
2016/03/12 Update 2.30 of Scripting Tracker is available
- Complete redesign of the recorder module
- Native PowerShell code generation
2016/02/25 Update 2.23 of Scripting Tracker is available
- Help file return to CHM format
- Minor changes
2015/10/24 Update 2.22 of Scripting Tracker is available
- Actualization of the recorder module to GUI 7.40
- Minor bug fixing
2015/09/05 Update 2.20 of Scripting Tracker is available
- Add the Comparator tab, to compare screens with its elements and find differences between them easily.
- Disable the possibility to export list of screen elements as CSV file.
2015/03/29 Update 2.12 of Scripting Tracker is available
- Integration of AutoIt recorder now possible
- Add the possibility to save a complete source file via shift and save button
- Disable support of MiniRobot, because it has no relevance
- Minor bug fixing
Comments are welcome.