If you are using the Alerting module, the address pattern accepts wild cards
An excerpt from admin guide,
Patterns support two wildcards:
• ‘*’ – matches any number of characters
• ‘?’ – matches any single character.
• “*@masalan.com” – matches all recipients at Masalan Inc.
• firstname.lastname@example.org – MATCHES
• email@example.com – DOES NOT MATCH
• firstname.lastname@example.org – matches all three letter strings starting with ER
• email@example.com – MATCHES
• ER1@masalan.com – MATCHES
• ERP1@masalan.com – DOES NOT MATCH
the additional information missing from the guide is that the address pattern is case sensitive.
- “*@masalan.com” – matches all recipients at Masalan Inc.
- but if you provided email id as JOHN@MASALAN.COM in the alert escalation, you will notice the following error in the operator message
Could not find gateway for JOHN@MASALAN.COM
NOTE: This has been noticed in build M33.104.