As you might know Business Process Analytics was first introduced in 2010 with SAP Solution Manager 7.0 support package 23. A lot has happened since then, e.g. Business Process Analytics went mobile on the iPad. An overview about all features and the evolution of key figure content can be found in our central Business Process Analytics document. But something is not yet widely known – Business Process Analytics can also be used in an ad-hoc and real time manner. This additional feature is already available since SAP Solution Manager 7.1 support package 10 and it works no matter whether your managed system is running on SAP HANA or “anyDB”. The name of our Web Dynpro application implies that it is only working for SAP HANA, but this is not correct.
You require SAP Solution Manager 7.1 with support package 10 or higher.
- For support package 10 or 11 you have to additionally implement SAP note 2085038 – Corrections Business Process Analytics powered by SAP HANA – Ad hoc analysis.
- For support package 12 you should implement the general SAP correction note 2048029 – Corrections BPImp valid for SolMan 7.1 SP12
Your managed system should have ST-A/PI 01Q with support package 2 or later implemented. Additionally you should implement SAP note 2085063 – Business Process Analytics powered by SAP HANA related collector returns result list in wrong format
If you a re looking for a complete description of all necessary technical prerequisites, it is best to refer to SAP note 2105720 – Business process Analytics powered by SAP HANA – prerequisites.
Additionally required configuration
In order to get the ad-hoc/real time Business Process Analytics working you have to create a new connector instance for the BPM_HANA_SUITE connector in the Data Source Manager.
As the new Web Dynpro application is not integrated in the Business Process Operations work center, you should create your own favorite in order to directly access the application.
Using Business Process Analytics powered by SAP HANA
After creating the favorite, you can just click on the hyperlink and can access the selection screen from Business Process Analytics powered by SAP HANA. It looks very similar to the “traditional” Business Process Analytics. The main difference is that you do not have to select a solution. You just chose a system and client combination and then you have to filter for the key figure of interest (out of the 900+ available ones).
When selecting and executing one key figure the data collection is immediately triggered in the connected managed system and as soon as the data collection is finished, you get the Business Process Analytics analysis screen. SO compared to the “traditional” Business Process Analytics no setup and scheduling of key figures is required.
Also the analysis screen is very similar to the “traditional” Business Process Analytics, but “only” the Advanced Benchmarking and the Age Analysis are available as “Analysis Types”. No Benchmarking or Trend Analysis is provided as these features require some InfoCube access, which is not available per definition as we perform some ad-hoc, real time execution.
The Detail Analysis is of course available in order to jump into the corresponding result list and accessing every single document if required.
You can find all necessary information about Business Process Analytics in this document.
Frequently Asked Questions about Business Process Monitoring and Business Process Analytics are answered under http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/FAQ+Business+Process+Monitoring and http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/FAQ+Business+Process+Analytics respectively. The following blogs (in chronological order) provide further details about Business Process Analytics and Business Process Monitoring functionalities within the SAP Solution Manager.
- New Business Process Monitoring functionalities in SAP Solution Manager – ALE / IDoc Monitoring
- New Business Process Monitoring functionalities in SAP Solution Manager – qRFC Monitoring
- Best Practice: Business Process Monitoring for Manufacturing
- Best Practice: Business Process Monitoring for Procure to Pay
- Best Practice: Business Process Monitoring for Order to Cash
- Typical Use Cases for Business Process Monitoring in SAP Solution Manager
- New key figure catalog for Business Process Monitoring available
- Why SAP offers different tools for Business Process Monitoring & Business Process Optimization
- Create your own auto-reaction messages in Business Process Monitoring via BAdI exit
- Protect your SAP ERP investment & improve your core business processes
- Create your own customer-specific key figure for Business Process Monitoring within 5 minutes
- Best Practice: BW Process Chain monitoring with SAP Solution Manager – Part 1
- New key figures for Business Process Monitoring in SAP Solution Manager, especially for CRM Marketing
- New functionality “Business Process Analytics” – how to improve your business processes
- New key figures for Business Process Monitoring in SAP Solution Manager, especially Lead Time measurements
- Traditional Business KPI approach vs Business Process Monitoring
- Systematic errors vs real exceptions or improving efficiency vs effectiveness
- Before you get started with SAP HANA…you should also consider cleaning-up your backend system first
- Best Practice: Business Process Monitoring for CRM Sales
- Business Process Operations dashboards – ALL AT A GLANCE
- Customer testimonials on Business Process Analytics
- Customer Exit: Create your own key figure for BPMon AND Business Process Analytics
- Heads-up: Setup environment of BPMon & Analytics changes with SolMan 7.1 SP5
- New key figures for BPMon & BP Analytics, especially for working capital improvement
- New Business Process Monitoring functionalities in SAP Solution Manager – BPMon Alert Reporting Analysis
- New Business Process Analytics features with SAP SolMan 7.1 SP5
- New Business Process Analytics – The filter sequence makes the difference
- New key figures: Analyzing/Monitoring exceptions during delivery due processing
- New key figure: Analyzing/Monitoring exceptions during billing due processing
- Enhanced key figures: Analyzing/monitoring SD invoices not transferred to FI
- New key figures: Analyzing/monitoring exceptions in CRM Sales or Service documents, Business Activities or Tasks
- New keyfigures: Analyzing/monitoring exceptions from APO planning runs
- New key figures for BPMon & BP Analytics – new exception and automation rate key figures for ERP plus new content for FSCM, APO and CRM
- New key figures: Analyzing/monitoring exceptions during Period End Closing
- New key figures: Analyzing/monitoring exceptions in Controlling (CO-PC)
- Enhanced key figures: Bridging the organizational gap between SD and FI-AR
- Business Process Analytics: Types of key figures and their respective use cases
- Business Process Analytics: Types of functions and their respective features & purposes
- New key figures for BPMon & BP Analytics – new content for Travel & Expense Management, Banking and Utilities
- SAP Business Process Analytics” available for download in Apple’s App Store
- Discrete manufacturing: Mapping BP Analytics key figures to system status
- New key figures for BPMon & Analytics – new content for vendor invoice processing (e.g. Shared Service Center scenarios) and new delta throughput for Order to Cash