In order to stay secure and current it is recommended to upgrade your SuSE SLES server from SP2 to SP3. The upgrade process is similar to the initial install, except the Linux storage will not be wiped. After the upgrade HANA and Business One will continue to operate.
Visit the SuSE website and download the SP3 files. These files can be burned to disc. Review the upgrade install guides:
There is a YouTube video that shows the process
Visit Downloads – SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP3 for AMD64/Intel64 and download SP3 (SLES-11-SP3-DVD-x86_64-GM-DVD1.iso). A SuSE logon is required.
After reviewing the documents, and video listed in the preparation sets you are ready to upgrade your SuSE server to SP3.
- Download upgrade software (SLES-11-SP3-DVD-x86_64-GM-DVD1.iso)
- Upgrade B1 components to 9.0 PL11 or later. Early versions do not work with SP3.
- Shut down B1 Services (Server, Server Tools, Analytics, service layer, etc)
- Stop HANA (HDB stop done as ndbadm)
- Apply the upgrade as shown in the video
- Reboot the server and confirm that all SAP process are running
- Use cat /etc/SuSE-release to confirm the upgrade
This document is provided as a courtesy. The support pack is from SuSE. If you require support with the upgrade please contact SuSE. You can start the support process by visiting Support | SUSE