More details on new EAM functions – the structured search help
In my last series of blogs I described several new features which are available via the Web user interface in Enterprise Asset Management.
All these topics are bundled in the EhP7 Business Function “LOG_EAM_SIMPLICITY_3” and do not require any additional license on top of the existing enterprise foundation license.
What is the new structured search help?
The following new functions on the SAP Web UI for Plant Maintenance are available now:
- We implemented a new way of selecting technical objects and / or materials in the component list for the EAM process.
- The user now have the possibility, in the WebUI, to use a structure tree to find and select items.
- He can find functional locations, equipments or assemblies in the structure of a technical object or material items within a Bill o Material.
This is a much easier way for the user to perform a search for the right item.
See here a short video which shows how this can look like:
A direct access to more information on these new EAM features is available via the innovation discovery tool. You can access the tool here:
I will continue to post such videos on the new functionality in the near future.
Find more related information on these topics via my blogs posts in SCN:
- See my blog post about “New functions in Maintenance orders”
- See my blog post about “New features for tables”
- See my blog post about “User personalization”
- See my blog post about “More detail on the new EAM screens – Quickviews
- See my blog post about “The fast lane to EAM”
- See my blog post about “Test drive EAM in the cloud”
- See my blog post about Simplification in EAM – Quickviews
- See my blog post about Simplification in EAM – Notifications
- See my blog post about Simplification in EAM – Orders
You need an overview on all innovations, need roadmaps, or information on ramp-up programs? Look at the “Innovation finder“