More details on new EAM functions – Maintenance Orders
In my last series of blogs I described several new features which are available via the Web user interface in Enterprise Asset Management.
All these topics are bundled in the EhP7 Business Function “LOG_EAM_SIMPLICITY_3” and do not require any additional license on top of the existing enterprise foundation license.
What is new for maintenance work orders?
The following new functions for processing maintenance orders on the SAP Web UI for Plant Maintenance are available now:
- You can create and edit long texts directly in the operation data and in the operation details.
- You can create orders using a template (reference order). When you create a new order by copying an existing order, you can specify whether you want to copy the relationships, settlement rules, linked documents, and order descriptions as well.
- When you process an order, you can run a cost simulation.
- You can create order operations by copying existing operations.
- On the Operation Data tab, you can assign a new task list to the order. The assigned task list is displayed in the General Data.
- You can assign materials using a catalog in the order operation details. An Open Catalog Interface (OCI) is provided for this.
- You can assign technical objects and materials using a structure list.
- You can set additional system statuses in the order that up to now you were only able to display. You can set these system statuses in the Order and
Notification List as well.
- For inspection rounds, you can assign technical objects and assemblies at operation level. In the operation details, you can enter measuring points as production resources/tools for the technical objects that you have assigned at operation level.
See here a short video which shows how this can look like:
A direct access to more information on these new EAM features is available via the innovation discovery tool. You can access the tool here:
I will continue to post such videos on the new functionality in the near future.
Find related blogs in SCN:
- See my blog post about “New features for tables”
- See my blog post about “User personalization”
- See my blog post about “More detail on the new EAM screens – Quickviews
- See my blog post about “The fast lane to EAM”
- See my blog post about “Test drive EAM in the cloud”
- See my blog post about Simplification in EAM – Quickviews
- See my blog post about Simplification in EAM – Notifications
- See my blog post about Simplification in EAM – Orders
You need an overview on all innovations, need roadmaps, or information on ramp-up programs? Look at the “Innovation finder” !