Enable Favorites and Tags by default in CRM_UI
As of SAP Solution Manager 7.1 the CRM Web UI is the standard access to ITSM and ChaRM.
The Web Client User Interface is the first step into a new era of user interfaces regarding usability and flexibility for the business user.
Predefined business roles are the entry point into the application from an end user point of view.
SAP delivers the following business roles to be used for ITSM and ChaRM:
- SOLMANREQU for Reporter / End User / Key User
- SOLMANDSPTCH for Dispatcher
- SOLMANPRO for Processor and Administrator
Favorites and Tags are very good functionalities that can help the end user in the daily work.
By using the following buttons, the user can save the current ITSM/ChaRM document as favorite or create a tag could to identify the documents related to the same topic.
In this way, it is easy to access the documents later because the favorites and tags are visible in the home screen.
However, in the above business roles the favorites and tags are not enabled by default.
If the end users want to use it, they need to go to the following:
From my point of view, it should be better to have it enabled by default, so the end users will be able o use it without doing any personalization.
In order to make the favorites and tags enabled by default in the business role, follow the step by step bellow:
- Go to the following IMG path:
SAP Solution Manager Implementation Guide -> Customer Relationship Management -> UI Framework -> Technical Role Definition -> Define Parameters
- Copy the standard parameter profiles into a custom namespace
- Create new entries for the following parameters and Save
- Go the business role definition:
SAP Solution Manager Implementation Guide -> Customer Relationship Management -> UI Framework -> Define Business Role
- Select the business role and go to Assign Function Profiles
- Replace the Function Profile ID PARAMETERS with the new parameter profile that you have created
After that, all users assigned this business role will be able to see the favorites and tag button while processing the ITSM/ChaRM documents.