It is generally not recommended to store large video files which are going to be accessed by many users directly in the Portal, when you play the file directly you have to encounter a problem as shown in below screenshot.
When you play huge file directly from portal it will lead to severe performance degradation in the overall portal.It is a much better idea to have such content stored on a dedicated streaming server and provide external links to this from KM in portal.
Clearing the CM Cache as per the note 1014039 is the only activity from KM side which may help sometimes.
To upload the large files in lower version of portal you can follow the below KBA:
1629755 – Upload of a large file to KM fails
To upload the large files in 7.3/7.4 version of portal follow the below steps:
- Open Netweaver Administrator (http://<host>:<port>/nwa)
- Go to Configuration -> Infrastructure -> Java System Properties -> Services -> HTTP Provider
- Add the parameter MaxRequestContentLength with a large value (Unit is KB)
- Save the configuration.
- Open Internet Communication Manager/ Web Dispatcher (http://<host>:<port>/sap/admin)
- Go to Paramaters in the Area menuChange the value of icm/HTTP/max_request_size_KB to a large value (default value is 102400 KB)
- Save the Configuration
- Restart the J2EE engine