New adapters for running hybrid scenarios with SAP Process Integration
You would like to complement your on-premise applications with services provided in the cloud, i.e., running so called hybrid scenarios?
A quite natural choice for integrating cloud applications would be SAP HANA Cloud Integration, especially for cloud-to-cloud it would be definitely the preferred option.
When it comes to hybrid scenarios, you can actually choose between two integration platforms provided by SAP, SAP HANA Cloud Integration and SAP Process Integration / SAP Process Orchestration. Which one to use may depend on various reasons, e.g., customer preference, policy, available pre-defined content, etc.
For more details about the SAP HANA Cloud Integration offering, refer to the comprehensive Get started with SAP HANA Cloud Integration document on SCN.
If you like to learn more about hybrid integration scenarios that SAP provides, take a look at the new Hybrid Scenarios web page on SAP Service Marketplace.
In this blog I would like to focus on recent enhancements in terms of connectivity for SAP Process Integration / SAP Process Orchestration that facilitates support for hybrid scenarios:
- We have shipped a SuccessFactors adapter as part of the SAP NetWeaver Process Integration Connectivity add-on, see documentation on SAP help portal.
- We have shipped an OData adapter as part of the SAP NetWeaver Process Integration Connectivity add-on.
- We do support sftp adapter as part of the SAP NetWeaver Process Integration Secure Connectivity add‑on, see documentation on SAP help portal.
- Itelligence, one of our preferred partner in the area of application integration, has just released a new Salesforce.com adapter running on the adapter engine of SAP Process Integration / SAP Process Orchestration. The adapter is SAP-certified. For more details, refer to Salesforce.com-Adapter announcement at itelligence.
- Furthermore, we have shipped an own REST adapter, see the following announcement.
If you happen to be at SAP TechEd && d-code in Berlin next week, you may like to join me in the hands-on session INT264 – Use SAP Process Orchestration for On-Premise to Cloud Integration. Here, you will setup integration scenarios towards SuccessFactors applications.