i thought to share some issues or better some notes for the problems i had during several system copies. I posted it for a year ago..
settings / problems during a system copy
i copied a CRM 7.01 system from a Windows Server 2003 with SQL 2005 to a Windows Server 2008 R2 with SQL 2008 because EhP2 require the new versions.
- login on Windows Server with <sid>adm.
- Check these document a guide for the first steps with SUM , click here
- check up if you have all windows environments. If you have insert it , restart your server. I got these environment problems before , see here.
- to save time on the import/downtime phases increase the number of processes in the options of SUM.
Enter the maximum number of parallel processes during uptime:
MAXIMUM UPTIME PROCESSES: 4 <—-
Enter the number of parallel import processes during downtime:
R3TRANS PROCESSES: 4 <—-
Severe error(s) occured in phase PREP_PRE_CHECK/INITPUT_PRE!
Last error code set: OSQL call failed for MSSUPGGETREL
to be prepared to get NO ERROR on message on step PREP_PRE_CHECK/INITPUT_PRE! install SQLCMD from your SQL Server Feature Pack. I found the solution on this link on scn. You can download it from MSDN.
On step “Install common system files” you get the error message “msiexec failed with return code 1603“.
The temp directory of your SAP System does not exist, create it on Windows. For example or usually “D:\usr\sap\<SAPSID>\TMP“. Repeat step and setup will continue. To be sure you can check up on user environments which value are on tmp.
You get a “Migration Monitor Error 103” during abap import step 36
the environment SAPSYSTEMNAME <SAPSID> is missing. Insert it on your environments and restart your server
settings / problems during an upgrade
Here are some problems i had during the Upgrade from CRM 7.01 to CRM 7 EhP 2.
Problem: Severe error(s) occured in phase MAIN_SHDRUN/CREATERFCDEST_S2O!
MAIN_SHDRUN/CREATERFCDEST_S2O RFC Error Code 3
- add your <sid>adm user to sapmnt\SID\DVEBMGSxx\data folder in your directory properities. Give him full-access.
Error on phase “MAIN_SHADOW/START_SHDI_FIRST”
- start/restart your shadow system manually over SAP MMC
Problem: Severe error(s) occured in phase MAIN_SWITCH/SUBMOD_SWITCH_KERNEL/KX_SWITCH!
Last error code set: Deleting ‘D:\usr\sap\<SID>\DVEBMGSxx\exe\sapstartsrv.exe’ failed: Zugriff verweigert / access is denied
- Go to the Windows services stop your SAP<SID>_NR go to the folder \usr\sap\<SID>\DVEBMGSnr\ and delete the remaining files.
- restart the SAP<SID> services and repeat the phase
Problem: IGS Watchdog could not be started
after a system upgrade i got the message “IGS watchdog could not be started” on SAP Management Console.
my issues was that the files from SAP IGS 7.20 EXT were missing. So we need to download
- You have to download the missing files. You can find it over the Support Packages / Downloads / (Your System) / Entry by Component / Application Server ABAP / SAP IGS 7.20 EXT / (Your OS) / choose newest Installation for SAP IGS integrated in SAP Kernel
- Download the newest file. uncar the file. put the extracted files in your kernel folder (for example: \\hostname\sapmnt\<SID>\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64)
- restart your instance
it would be nice if i could help you with this entry . questions or improvements ? msg me!