Material Grouping and Cross-Plant View in the Stock/Requirement List(T-code MD04)
From ERP 6.0 EHP2, if activate business function LOG_PP_LMAN, stock/requirement list(t-code MD04) increases new functions: material grouping and cross-plant view. Nowadays, more and more companies produce the material in multiple plants, this new function can help them to check the stock/requirement from the whole company view.
In order to use this function, please notice:
– Only when the material exists in product group, or exists in multiple plants, “Production Group” or “Cross-Plant View” appears.
– You should set corresponding customizing. The path is OPP1 -> Evaluation -> Display Material Groupings.
– Function Filter and Selection Rule can be used together.
1. Evaluate MRP result for multiple materials
In t-code MC84, create a product group ZJLMG. It contains 2 members: ZJLTEST-1 and ZJLTEST-2.
Also set the proportion to each member. Generally, the sum of proportion is 100%.
Then in t-code MD04, “Product Group” tab appears. You can view the stock/requirement situation for multiple materials there. Also, you can decide if it is displayed in aggregated form or not by clicking the aggregation icon.
In the screenshot above, it is not in aggregated form. The stock of material ZJLTEST-1 is 1 and the stock of material ZJLTEST-2 is 1
In the screenshot above, it is in aggregated form. The stock of both materials is 2 in total.
2. Evaluate MRP result across plants
Material ZJLTEST-1 exists in plant 1000 and plant 1100. You can check the stock/requirement in all plants for material ZJLTEST-1 in “Cross-Plant view”. You can choose display form using aggregation icon.
In addtition, there are several hidden functions in MD04. See the following blog post: