How to Manage UUID field in Existing Purchasing Documents for Mexico (Electronic Accounting Statement Feature)
To comply with the new legal regulations regarding the Electronic Accounting Statements in Mexico, among other changes new Journal Entry report (JE report further) has to be submitted on monthly period effective from January 2015. It includes obligation to report via JE report also documents created within transition period July – December 2014, retrospectively including new information about electronic number UUID.
The UUID information is a 36 characters unique electronic number (CFDI and CFD) available in generated XML which represents electronic invoice in Mexico and it is provided by the SAT authority. UUID information is currently not available for created Purchasing documents (AP side) in SAP Business One application, Sales documents (AR side) already contains this information. All Purchasing invoice type documents created in transition period due to this legal change therefore must contain UUID information in order to be reported via new JE report.
In order to automate process of importing UUID information for existing Purchasing documents from XML into SAP Business One application Tool was developed and is available via link below. Purpose of the Tool is to track and identify appropriate document existing in DB, based on specific parameters and create bridge/reference between XML and document that enables to transfer UUID information from XML into a document, in a batch run. In order to transfer UUID information recommended is to create new UDF for Purchasing documents where this information will be stored.
- The How To Guide document available via Note 2048577 describes in step by step scenario process of importing UUID information for relevant documents
- For all further details please see SAP Business One Note 2048577
- Please notice, link to short recorded video for UUID solution is attached for your convenience here, and also in Note 2048577. Please follow the process according to steps in HTG in order to automate transfer of UUID information into the DB
- Tool XMLReader is available HERE
Important notice on 27.11.2014
Since 27th of November 2014 updated HTG, version 2 is available. It contains updates of queries providing import of UUID information. HTG v2 can be found as an attachment in Note 2048577, very soon it will be also directly available from this blog.
HTG v2 includes:
- Additional step added in order to indentify XML files not matching with an existing A/P documents of Invoice type
- Queries include also Credit memo and Debit memo
- No change on XML Reader Tool side
In case of any question or comments please do not hesitate to contact me here or via firstname.lastname@example.org.