I have created a guide for chrome and firefox to reach directly an sap note
** small update, now you can reach your notes via MS Internet Explorer **
- go to settings – manage search engines – add a new search engine
- name SAPnotes / shortcut n / URL -> https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/%s
- name SAPkba / shortcut kba / URL https://support.sap.com/content/sap-root/search-result-page.html?search=%s
- If you enter now your Shortcut like “n” and space you see “Search SAPNotes” and insert your note number
same with kba enter “kba” space you see “Search SAPkba” and enter your search string
mozilla firefox * updated*
- open your firefox. go to the Support Portal Page
- right-click into the search field and “Add a Keyword for this Search…”
- I only used “n” for notes
- now you can insert n #notenumber in your adressbar
for KBA search on firefox open address https://support.sap.com/content/sap-root/search-result-page.html?search=%s
- bookmark it at first.
- Show your bookmarks / Recently Bookmarked / Search result page | SAP Support Portal | / Properties
- add your keyword. in my example “k” and save.
I’ve created with the tool “IESearchCustomizer” a registry entries for your IE. You can find “sapnotesIE.zip” in attached files.
You have to download, rename it to sapnotesIE.reg and run the registry file. An entry will be created under “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchUrl with the Name “n” and “kba”. Restart your IE.
Now you can type into the adress bar “n NOTENUMBER” – for example “n 123456” or “kba SEARCH STRING” – for example: “kba kernel error”