In this blog series, I’d like to draw your attention to some of the new activity during the past month on the SAP User Experience Community, a public community dedicated to the exchange of ideas and knowledge about design and user experience.
The Community is for everyone interested in design and user experience, so join the conversation!
My List of October Highlights from the SAP User Experience Community
- We added a third and final nfographic to our design infographic series. This time, the topic is Usability Testing with End Usersand highlights the steps involved in conducting a usability test and provides a few tips and benefits along the way. In case you missed the other two, the first infographic was an introduction to the design processconducting field research with end users.
- We added one more “UX definitions in 500 words or less” to ourUX Basics series, this time around, What is a Use Case? For more definitions (e.g. end user, persona, prototype, visual design, interaction design, user experience, accessibility, design and many more), check out the whole series.
In Skill up on design and user experience, I highly recommend:
- A very helpful Checklist for Remote Usability Testing provided by SAP user researcher, Ramona Winkler.
- The Value of User Experience, by Tobias Gollwitzer, which focuses on the monetary value of UX by reducing operational costs and enabling users to work more efficiently .In this post, Tobias also introduces the UX Value Calculator, an online tool which takes into account customer’s statistics, such as the number of users involved in a particular task, their fully-loaded cost rates, and the end-to-end time needed to execute these tasks.
- An invitation byClare Donelon to Help Shape the Next Fiori UX Courseby participating in a survey to help in the planning of a standalone course to enable users to extend, design, and create their own SAP Fiori UX apps. The course is in an early planning stage so take the opportunity now to get involved!
- Webinars from SAP on User Experience – Did you know that SAP is offering a series of webinars about user experience? SAP user group members can participate in the live webinars by contacting their regional user group organization. Missed a webinar or not in an SAP user group? All customers can listen to the recordings.
In our discussion forum, check out:
- A tip from SAP Senior User Experience Design Specialist, Thomas Biedermann, on how to get SAP Icon Font into Photoshop.
- An invitation from SAP Design Strategist, Moritz Gekeler to join in celebrating a worldwide movement to raise awareness for the good cause of men’s health while having fun. During the month of November Moritz and others in his team will cultivate the art of growing a moustache in order to raise awareness for men’s health.
- Two new discussions by Holger Maassen – Highlights from the UX Day in Mannheim, Germany and a discussion about Amazon’s move
to open a brick and mortar store in New York City.
In Participate in improving products with SAP, check out:
- An invitation to sign up for SAP Fiori Customer interest groups. SAP Fiori Customer Interest Groups are your opportunity to get deeply involved in SAP
Fiori development. They are open to every customer interested in working with SAP on defining and improving SAP Fiori. SAP would like to develop an ongoing long-term relationship with you. Read the post to find out more!
- An opportunity to sign up by Nov 4th for Fiori Wave 6 – Customer Co-Innovation Forum. The SAP User Experience and Design Product Management team invites you to this event in Walldorf, Germany on November 6th and 7th, 2014. You will be able to participate either remotely via Webinar or on-site at SAP in Walldorf. Each session is offered once in the morning and once in the afternoon. Feel free to extend this invite to colleagues, in particular end users in the respective roles, in your organizations.
- Usability Testing at the 2014 SAP TechEd & d-code Berlin Conference Don’t miss out on this unique opportunity to test new and existing SAP
solutions and tools, and provide on-the-spot feedback to SAP developers and usability experts that build them.
In Design news from SAP, you can find articles about design awards that SAP has won recently, reports from Design Thinking workshops, customer success stories, and much more.
I hope you find this post of highlights useful, but keep in mind that it is not comprehensive of all the activity on the community during the last month.
Checkout the SAP User Experience Community to discover the interesting contributions that I left out of this post!