Adding Message Keys and Message versions – B2B EANCOM Message Editor
We had a requirement to create a CONTRL message Directory version 2, subversion EAN002
To achive this we will have to convert the automatically generated CONTRL message to the right version.
The CONTRL message of type CONTRL:2:2:UN is not included in the standard EANCOM message shipped with SAP B2B Add-on.
Therefore we will need to add new message versions to the Message key SAP-EANCOM, for the Generic Converter Modules to process the messages.
When a message version does not exists in the B2B message tables you will see an error message like this:
“No ruleset for CONTRL/3 available” or “No ruleset for CONTRL/2 available”, where the /2 represent the message version the module is trying to convert.
1. Go the the the Message Editor in the B2B cockpit for EANCOM Messages
- EDI Content Manager ->EANCOM->Editor->Message Editor
2. Create a new control Key
- Select the control key SAP-EANCOM and version 96A
- Press “Copy control key”
3.Copy message CONTRL to the new control key
- Check Copy to a new Message Version
- Write the version you want create
- Add the message to be copied to the new key
- You could add more messages at this stage
- NOTE: If you wan to modify the message structure do it at this stage. In this scenario we will keep the message as-is.
4. Copy the message version back to the SAP-EANCOM message key
- Select you new Control Key and Version and press “Copy Control Key”
- Check copy to exiting control key
- Select SAP-EANCOM
- This time keep the message version
5. Copy the message version back to the SAP-EANCOM message with a new version
- Same as step 4, bu this time we change the message version
As Result you will have create 2 new message version in the control Key SAP-EANCOM
6. Create the schemas for the new message to import the in ESR.
- Choose EANCOM->XSD Generator
- Create the XSD file for the message version you need
- Make sure you use the correct namespaces to match you SWCV in ESR where you are implementing the Interface and Mapping objects.
- Now you will be able to convert these EANCOM message version between XML and EDI structures.
- You will also be able to map the message to between version and make changes to the content
- E,g Mapping the control message to version D:2:2:EAN002