Recently i have got an opportunity to work with Nakisa OrgChart and Org Modeler and would like to share few Scenarios.
Scenario: Standard Org Unit and Position box enhancement to add the additional custom fields with Different colors based on Employee Subgroup.
After deploying the SOVN we have to follow below steps to enhance the Org Unit and Position Boxes.
Application Name: SOVN_Nakisa OrgChart
Nakisa Org Chart- SAP_Live_RFC
Version 4.0 SP1
SAP ERP: EHP 6.0
SAP Net weaver version: 731
Below are the Overview of the Activities we should follow.
1. Org Chart Basic Settings: Application wide settings, Set Root Org Unit Configuration in Org Chart.
2. Identify the RFC Functional Modules in Data Center, the below FM to be enhanced.
Ø OrgUnitHierarchyDataElement : /NAKISA/OC_OU_STRUCTURE
Ø PositionHierarchyDataElement: /NAKISA/OC_POSITION_STRUCTURE
3. Data Center – Enhanced the RFC Functional Modules to include the Custom Fields and Variables Colors.
Ø Added Custom Fields : Job Ranking ( OU box) and Position Ranking (OU box)
Ø Added color Variable in the Function Modules to display Color as per the Employee Subgroup
Ø Added Custom Fields can be checked in Data Center – Data Filed Captions.
4. Modify the XML files and XSL Files
Ø Below XML Files are modified to Increase the Org Unit and Position boxes.
These Files are Stored in View Configuration Folder in root/ AppResources.
Ø Below XSL Files are Modified to Include the custom fields (Data Fields)
These Files are Stored in Templates Generated folder.
After Modifying the Files we need to place the files in .delta folder
5. Add Custom Fields (Data Elements) to the View: Admin Console
A. Under OrgUnit Hierarchy Views are configured for OU box.
§ Select View: ou_manager and ou manager source, verify the Template Field Name and Data Element Field Mapping.
§ Select Manager View as Default under Enable / Disable Views
B. Under Position Hierarchy Views are configured for Position BOX.
§ Select View: pos_standard and source File, verify the Template Field Name and Data Element Field Mapping.
§ Select Standard View as Default under Enable / Disable Views
6. Save and Publish and Restart the Application in NW Admin.