Rex: Product Data Download
Product data in Retail Execution is downloaded to the device using a hybrid approach, that is a combination of on-demand (directly from backend) and via the SAP Mobile Platform (backend to SMP and from SMP to device).
Replication to SMP
The product download profile valid for the sales area of the device user (if no product download profile assignment to sales area is available), then the product download profile set as default will be considered. Note the following information for download of listings and journals.
The function module /MAC/RSFM_GET_PRDS fetches listing data based on the sales area of the device user. Therefore in order to ensure that product listings are displayed correctly on the device, the sales area and distribution channel for listing ID must be the same as the sales area assigned to the device user.
Journal is additional to listing or Territory in scenarios where products are part of journals that are not included in either hierarchy or listing. Note that the journals will be considered for download only if the Download Jrnl Products flag is set in the Customizing activity Assign Data Download Profile to Bus. Objects and Sales Org.
Replication to the Client Device
Download can be based on Listings or Territory with or without Journal products.
All products belonging to the user’s territory and Sales area replicated to device
Listings – (Hybrid)
Listings are based on BP’s. Once the BPs are downloaded based on relationship category or Territory accordingly the products assigned to the BPs are downloaded to device
- Products Assigned to journals for all the activities assigned to user’s sales area
- Products assigned to journals for all the journals assigned to user’s sales area
- Products assigned to journals for all the journals where the sales area is blank
- Products created must belong one of the product types maintained in the product type download profile.
- Only base category is supported for product category. Products must belong to a category maintained in the Customizing for CRM.
Listing Procedure not found
In the assignment of product list determination to a sales organizational unit and item category, you must make sure that the entry for ‘Procedure’ is empty. Note that the product listing download will work only if the entry for Procedure is empty.