Hear SAP’s Mike Szabo on a Revenue Recognition panel webinar this Friday at noon ET.
Join SAP’s Mike Szabo and other prominent revenue recognition experts at a Webinar Panel Discussion on: Revenue from Contracts with Customers, ASU 2014-09, Friday October 24th, Noon – 1:45pm Eastern
Registration link: https://www4.gotomeeting.com/register/270508871
In May 2014, the FASB issued ASU 2014-09: Revenue from Contracts with Customers. The ASU contains significant implications for financial reporting risks faced by preparers, auditors, and investors. The new standard presents numerous interpretive challenges and is expected to substantively change the amount and timing of revenue and cost recognition, implementation, disclosures, and documentation.
Please join Silicon Valley Accountants and A.C. Sondhi & Associates on Friday, October 24, 2014 at 12 PM (ET), when EITF Member Tony Sondhi (author, instructor and one of the preeminent experts in the fields of revenue recognition and financial reporting risks) and Gabriel Zubizarreta (Moderator) join the following panelists in a wide-ranging discussion of the new standard:
- Adam Brown, National Director of Accounting, BDO
- Timothy R. Henrichs, SVP and CFO Follett Corporation
- John F. Offenbacher, Partner, Ernst & Young LLP
- Miklos (Mike) Szabo, Corporate Financial Reporting – Revenue Recognition Expert, SAP
The Panel Discussion is part of our series of webinars on the significant challenges preparers and users face as they evaluate the new ASU 2014-09 for its impact on financial reporting requirements. You will learn about the following critical issues (among others) in this webinar:
- Major changes to reporting revenue,
- Implementation of changes & Impact on Disclosures, and
- Transition options and Effective Date
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Financial reporting managers, controllers, CFOs, and financial analysts, accounting managers, internal/external auditors and others responsible for
financial reporting, presentation, and analysis of issues related to revenue at their companies as well as all users of financial statements will find this webcast useful.
OBJECTIVES AND PREREQUISITES
This webinar is designed to provide an introduction to the proposed ASU. Upon completing this webcast you will:
- Learn about the changes to recognition, measurement, and disclosure requirements related to revenue,
- Improve your understanding of the use, issues, and financial reporting risks related to implementing these changes, and
- Receive information about the key implications of the recognition, measurement, and disclosure requirements.