This week at SAP TechEd && d-code in Las Vegas, some cool innovations were shared on the main stage in Bjorn Goerke’s keynote. As part of the demo watched by over 7,000 people in person (and thousands more online), a story weaving together Mobile Security and SAP Fiori was center stage. SAP is innovating and leading how enterprise apps are mobilized, secured and deployed in a holistic manner. Our vision is to make it simple for enterprises to securely mobilize SAP enterprise apps all the way across the development, test and deployment life cycle. This week we moved one step closer to this vision by showing the integration for SAP Fiori apps spanning our cloud platforms.
The concept is fantastic. You can build custom Fiori apps with unique icons, splash screens, and names and publish multiple Fiori apps on single device. Without coding – and within minutes – you can log in to the SAP Mobile Secure cloud and build a native custom Fiori app. Its as easy as naming the app, adding an icon, choosing security policies, pasting in the URL, compiling and publishing the app – a few simple steps.
Previously you could build the app but it was a complicated process involving many systems and tools. Now you can build and launch a custom Fiori app on SAP’s mobile app store in minutes.
In Bjorn’s demo there were three steps outlined. Ian Kimball entertained the crowd and jumped in to Step 3, showing this Fiori build service in detail.
Developers are excited about this service. Here’s why:
- They can develop, customize and build Fiori apps for iOS and Android devices using cloud based Web IDE without maintaining multiple local native development environments.
- They can easily extend the basic Fiori app functionality through the use of on-device capabilities, using a catalog of SAP-provided, vendor-provided and Open Source Cordova plugins that can be added with one click.
- They have the ability to add HANA Cloud Platform Mobile Services to enhance Fiori apps with support for user provisioning and offline OData support.
- They can easily build for multiple platforms and publish to end users via Mobile Place with a single click (for trial or final deployment of the Fiori app)
IT Administrators love the following:
- They can mobilize Fiori apps to work on iOS and Android devices with great user-experience
- They can manage end-to-end app life cycle from building app to Trials and Production deployment on both managed (MDM) and Unmanaged devices
- They can increase end-user adoption with simple but complete on-boarding experience with SAP Mobile Place (discovery, download, provision, configuration, update..)
- They can secure the app with optional App Wrapping policies & per-app VPN connectivity options.
You can watch the video of the demo here: