ABAP for SAP HANA Reference Scenario – Tutorials
The recommended techniques to leverage the power of SAP HANA in ABAP-based applications are ALV with Integrated Data Access, Open SQL, ABAP Core Data Services (CDS) views and ABAP Managed Database Procedures (AMDP) – Top-Down approach. The proxy-based approach using External View and Database Procedure Proxy objects should be avoided and only used for special cases – Bottom-Up approach.
End-to-End Development Guides
- Using CDS in the ABAP Programming Model for SAP Fiori
Find tutorials about how to build read-only and transactional SAP Fiori apps in SAP S/4HANA using CDS, BOPF and OData protocol.
- ABAP 7.4 for SAP HANA End-to-End Development Guide with latest SP5 Features
This brand-new guide provides an end to end example about how to leverage the power of SAP HANA in an ABAP-based application based on the reference scenario, making use of the latest SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP 7.4 SP5 features.
- End-to-End Development Example with AS ABAP 7.4 SP2 and SAP HANA
This guide provides an end to end example about how to accelerate your business coding using SAP HANA and SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP 7.4 SP2 based on the reference scenario.
Free OpenSAP Courses
Tutorials & Overviews (Single Features)
- Code Pushdown starts with Open SQL
- ALV and FPM on SAP HANA this videos illustrates what it the code pushdown paradigm means for developers and end-users.
- Enhanced Search Help (F4 help) with Type-ahead and Fuzzy Search
Top-Down Approach (Recommended approach)
- Implement and consume your first ABAP Managed Database Procedure on SAP HANA
This tutorial demonstrates step-by-step how to create an SAP HANA database procedure and easily consume it from an ABAP program as of AS ABAP 7.4 SP5.
- Modification-free Enhancement of AMDP with AMDP BAdI
- Handling of SELECT-OPTIONS parameters within AMDP
- Advanced view building with ABAP Core Data Services (CDS): Undertand and create your first ABAP CDS view
- Modification-free enhancement of ABAP CDS views
Bottom-Up Approach (only for special use cases)
- Tutorial: How to consume SAP HANA Procedures in ABAP
This tutorial demonstrates step-by-step how to create a HANA Database Procedure and easily consume it from an ABAP program as of AS ABAP 7.4 SP2.
- Tutorial: How to consume SAP HANA Views in ABAP
This tutorial demonstrates step-by-step how to create a HANA Attribute View and easily access it in ABAP using External View and Open SQL as of AS ABAP 7.4 SP2.
- How to transport ABAP for SAP HANA applications with HTC
This document provides an overview of the HANA Transport Container (HTC) and demonstrates how to use it.
…get the development tools & ABAP for HANA 7.4 trial
- HowTo install trial version of SAP HANA Studio and ABAP Development Tools
Here you will find a short guide where to download the development tools and how to install them.
… use analytics for transactional data
- Open Items Analytics Dashboard Scenario Overview
This document provides a brief overview of the Open Items Analytics dashboard showing how to realize analytics on top of transactional data using SAP NW BI technology as well as a BEx Web application for visualizing the data.
- Open Items Analytics Dashboard Scenario Configuration
This document describes the needed configuration steps for executing Open Items Analytics dashboard.
- Implementation of Analytics UIBB for Open Item Analytics Dashboard using FPM Application
Analytical UIBB is a new offering contained in SAP Business Information Warehouse. It provides the capability to analyse data from a BEx Query…
- Open Items Analytics Dashboard using Analysis Office for Microsoft
A dashboard using SAP BusinessObjects Analysis, edition for Microsoft Office, consumes the BEx Queries as data sources…