Few weeks back when I tried to create my first fiori application it takes hell lot of time to Installed and configured required software and environment like (Eclipse Platform, Java Runtime etc.), even if you don’t have proper match for OS and Java Runtime you can’t run the Eclipse platform say if you have 32 bit Window OS then you should have same 32 bit JRE version otherwise Eclipse will not run. And to rectify that error even a big challenge.
Then I come across of SAP Web IDE (formally SAP River RDE) which is very helpful and easy to access, to use SAP Web IDE you just need to have a browser and an account on SAP HANA Cloud Platform Cockpit (which is free).
So, I am sharing my experience to beginners like me. Let’s Start
Launching SAP Web IDE
- For launching SAP Web IDE, we need to Create an account on SAP HANA Cloud Platform Cockpit using https://accounts.sap.com/saml2/idp/sso/accounts.sap.com
- Once you created your account on Cockpit logon to your account and you should get below screen.
- Click on rde link from Name column
- This will gives the application URL.
- Click on Application URL, this will launch the SAP Web IDE (SAP River)
Creating SAP Fiori Starter Application Using SAP Web IDE
- Click on File a New à Project or Ctrl+Alt+Shift+O
- Enter the Project Name, I used Z_BankDetail_App then click on Next
- Choose the type of application you want to create or Select a Template
- Create the Data Connection, here I have used my trial account on SAP Netweaver Application Server i.e. ES1/520.
- Click Finish to confirm.
- Application will open in new Browser window. Cheers 🙂