I show in this document how to call explicit an existing search help within a view.
Web Dynpro View
Call Search Help Explicit
An existing search help is to call explicit on a button action. The search results are to be shown on the view.
I will use here the standard search help BUPA_ROLE (business partner roles). The search help contains two parameters: RLTYP (import/export) and RLTITL (export).
The selected context of the (export) parameters must be displayed by the corresponding view fields.
1. Create a context node and two attributes
2. Create two view input fields to the context attributes and an action button
3. Define an button action SEARCH_PARTNER and implement its event handler method, bind the button event to the action SEARCH_PARTNER
4. Define and implement an event handler method ON_PARTNER_SELECTED for the search help results
5. Activate the web dynpro component, create a web dynpro application and run it