They are all about technology and industry trends as well as customer innovations. These are 30-min sessions featuring industry speakers, followed by 15 min for Q&A. Some of the talks under this program include:
- Future-Proof Your Career: Stay on Top of Five Key Development Trends – and Keep Your Skills Sharp with Jeff Hadfield from Code Project. Join Jeff Hadfield, CXO of CodeProject.com and Developer Media, as he shares trends, data and actionable advice to help you prepare for the future. The future of development belongs to software developers and development professionals who keep their skills sharp and an eye on technology trends. In this session, you’ll learn the 5 key trends shaping software development in the next 5-10 years. And, most importantly, you’ll learn what to do today to stay on top. Watch video.
- The Cloud and the new Kingmakers with Stephen O’Grady from RedMonk. The rise of the cloud and the open source tooling behind it has materially changed the role of technology selection, acquisition and deployment. In this talk, we’ll explore the relevant trends behind it and discuss what IT leadership should – and should not – do in response. Watch video.
- API-Centric Architecture: Fad or Core to Enterprise Systems of Engagement? With Ed Annuff from Apigee. Many developers and architects who are very familiar with the principles of SOA are confused about all the talk of APIs. Ed Anuff, VP of Product Strategy for Apigee, will discuss why APIs are core to your enterprise’s “Systems of Engagement” and why they are different than “Systems of Record” technologies such as ESBs and SOA. He’ll explore the latest trends in API design such as experience-based APIs that are designed to power end-user interactions across devices and mobile apps. Ed will discuss the importance of data and analytics as the lifeblood of an API-centric architecture. Watch video.
- Test all you want: Big changes are dangerous…except when they’re small with Ben Lavender from GitHub. In this talk, we’ll demonstrate continuous deployment and how it can help your workflow. We’ll include both tools and practices required to keep shipping small changes quickly, shipping safely, and shipping quality. Watch video.
- Accelerate Mobile App Development in the Cloud Using Open Source Data with Sherry Yu and Ted Jones from Red Hat. Open Source is making it easier for developers to create applications in the cloud and gain access to key SAP enterprise database technologies. This session includes a live demo of a sample mobile application using Open Source technology JBoss Data Virtualization that provides integrated access to SAP Gateway and SAP SQL Anywhere in the Open Source PaaS platform OpenShift. Watch video.
- Introducing Cloud Foundry with Pieter Humphrey from Cloud Foundry. In the cloud era, the application platform will be delivered as a service, often described as Platform as a Service (PaaS). PaaS makes it much easier to deploy, run and scale applications. Cloud Foundry an Open PaaS provides a choice of clouds, frameworks and application services. As an open source project, there is a broad community, including SAP, both contributing and supporting Cloud Foundry. Join this session to learn the basics and the idea behind collaboration between Cloud Foundry and SAP to expand SAP HANA Cloud Platform. Watch video.
- Open Source, Apache Software Foundation, and Hortonworks with Ajay Singh from Hortonworks. There are many kinds of open source organizations and open source licenses. This presentation will cover the various types of open source with a focus on the Apache Software Foundation (ASF). You’ll understand the process of how an idea goes from idea to incubation to project through community participation. You’ll learn how software is updated through contributors and committers. And finally you’ll how Hortonworks is stewarding Apache Hadoop. Watch video.
- Operationalizing Analytics 3.0 with Paul Kent from SAS. The Big Data revolution brought new analytical capabilities beyond the traditional descriptive reporting. However, while this computing power incorporates low-value complex, large and unstructured data sources into analytical processing, it have largely remained a greenfield project. Learn how SAP and SAS have joined forces to usher the new era of analytics, Analytics 3.0, by combining the power of in-memory computing to deliver rapid and agile insights by harnessing high-value data. This in-memory2 revolution has been driven by joint technological innovation accomplished by reducing the data-to-compute distance resulting in up-leveling analytics to a strategic integral asset for a business. Watch video.
- Operating System Security Hardening for SAP HANA with Ovidio DeJesus from SUSE. The talk will be an overview of the content of a paper publishes by SAP and SUSE in regards to Hardening (Securing) an SAP HANA box running SLES for SAP as the Operating system. What they will learn are all the specific steps on how to secure their HANA box. Watch video.
For the full list of sessions, check out the schedule of Tech Talks in Las Vegas here. The schedule for Berlin will be available soon.
These are sessions focused on high level SAP product direction and strategy. The sessions are 1-hr long and will expand into key topics mentioned during the Executive Keynotes. There will be 5 sessions only, all hosted by SAP executives:
- The Users Strike Back: The Force Behind a New SAP Experience with Sam Yen, Global Head of Design and User Experience. Unlearn what you have learned about enterprise software. Understand the paradigm shift from features to experience. Discover how SAP is positioning the business user at the center of all interactions across the enterprise. Learn about SAP’s user experience (UX) strategy and modern design principles. See demonstrations of the new personalized, responsive, and simple SAP UX designed to drive business value and user satisfaction. Watch video.
- IT 2020 Vision: The Modern IT Platform of the Future with Irfan Khan, CTO SAP GCO. You have heard about SAP’s mission statement to help businesses “Run simple.” Perhaps youre wondering what this translates into from a technology perspective. How will SAP help IT organizations around the world achieve simplicity while embracing the various trends shaping our industry: cloud, mobility, Big Data, and the Internet of Things? Come and listen to Irfan Khan, CTO for SAP Global Customer Operations, as he elaborates on SAPs vision for IT over the next five years and how organizations can leverage modern IT transformative approaches to run better, run faster, and Run simple. This strategy talk will be followed by an open discussion. Don’t forget to bring your questions. Watch video.
- Harnessing the Internet of Things: Connect, Transform, Reimagine with Michael Lynch, VP LOB Solutions Management – Visual Enterprise. The number of connected things is expected to grow to 50-75 billion by 2020. The long-term impact of the Internet of Things (also known as IoT and Industry 4.0) is huge. However, it is important for companies to adopt the first wave of IoT technologies to capitalize on the opportunity and stay ahead of competition. Learn how SAP solutions for Big Data, in-memory computing, predictive analytics, complex event processing, and manufacturing integration and intelligence (MII) are making the Internet of Things real today for customers who are redefining their future with this transformative trend. Hear real-world examples of SAP customers who are early adopters of the IoT. These companies have not only gained significant ROI by improving key business processes and operational efficiencies, but they have also achieved high levels of innovation by creating new products, services, and business models. Find out how SAP can help you get started with an execution plan for the Internet of Things. Watch video.
- Win-Win: SAP and Open Source in the Enterprise with Thomas Grassl, VP Developer Relations. Open source has always been a part of SAP’s engineering philosophy and is now an integral part of many enterprise environments. At SAP, we use, maintain, and contribute significantly to open source technology in many areas. These include infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), representational state transfer (REST), Open Data Protocol (OData), HTML5, integrated data environments (IDEs), drivers, tools, and open source software (OSS) communities. This session will present an overview of SAP’s open source strategy and contributions, along with various use cases. It will serve as a guideline for embracing open source in your projects and road maps. Watch video.
- SAP’s Platform-as-a-Service Strategy with Suresh Ramakrishnan, VP Marketing Platform as a Service, and Prakash Darji, Global VP and General Manager, Data Warehouse Solutions & SAP HANA Platform. Join us for an overview of how SAP intends to focus SAP HANA Cloud Platform on enabling customers, partners, and developers to build new applications, extend on-premise applications, and extend cloud applications. Learn about the platform today and the direction SAP is headed. Hear about key partnerships and current use cases for the platform, as well as future capabilities under development. Understand the value and simplicity of cloud extensibility, as well as how to engage with SAP software in a simple way. Watch video.
For the schedule of sessions in Las Vegas, click here. The schedule for Berlin will be published shortly.
Updated 12/04 – added descriptions and links to the videos for each session.