Another way to deploy JCA adapter in NWDS/NWDI
There is a standard method for packaging and deploying JCA adapter for SAP Process Integration, described here: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/30/7367b6569142bf96de4fcbb7c8d86a/content.htm
But this method has some disadvantages:
- A developer have to perform some additional tasks, such as creating RAR file, packing it into EAR, converting it to an SDA and so on;
- You must have permissions to deploy an SDA using a system deploying tool like JSPM or SUM;
- You can meet additional problems, for example, with the resource bundles, which can be lost during the deployment.
Fortunately, SAP NWDS provides us with a more simple method – using special build plugin tc/bi/pb/resourcedapter. This plugin is located with the other ones in SAP_BUILDT SC. This plugin allows to build and deploy JCA adapter using a single NWDI activity.
There are some simple steps that must be performed to achieve the desired result:
- Create NWDI track and include at least SAP_BUILDT and SAP_XIAF SCs as required dependencies and import it into NWDS:
- Create Java type DC and include all the adapter source files to the src folder:
- Create META-INF folder and include all the adapter .xml files, like connector-j2ee-engine.xml, ra.xml and so on, into it:
- Append META-INF folder into the DC folder list:
- Manually change the values of build-plugin/dc-ref/name and build-plugin/pp-ref elements in .dcdef file to “tc/bi/bp/resourcedapter” and “def”, correspondingly:
Now the DC can be built and deployed automatically using NWDS (with NWDI using CBS or CM Services). During the process it will produce the necessary .rar file, packed into .sda, which will be a valid WebAS Resource Adapter application.