The SAP Enterprise Portal is the recommended single point of access for applications and content for more than 10 years and being implemented by thousands of customers across regions and industries.
The SAP Portal UX is aligning with the Fiori UX in two dimensions:
- The SAP Fiori launchpad in running on the SAP Enterprise Portal (as a new portal framework page)
- Fiori applications serving as business content for the portal
A typical scenario for the SAP Enterprise Portal together with the Fiori apps is the consumption on mobile devices, providing access to the system from inside and outside of the corporate network on multiple devices. This integration raises many architectural and security questions, which eventually lead to the question: what is the common architecture to integrate the SAP Enterprise Portal and with Fiori apps?
Typical reasons to integrate the SAP Enterprise Portal and SAP Fiori?
- Provide end users a single point of access, with a single URL, to all the end users daily business applications (Fiori and non-Fiori) and content
- Renew the SAP Enterprise Portal user experience with attractive, responsive and multi-device applications while keeping the established UIs in place
- Aligned look&feel of the portal and the business applications (including Fiori apps)
- Strong authentication and Single Sign-On concepts provided by the portal and the NetWeaver platform
- Leverage existing investment in the SAP Enterprise Portal
To learn more about this topic, please have a look at the following new white-paper presenting the topic and shading light on the common architecture, especially when consuming apps from outside of the corporate network. If you would like to review only the architecture slides, these are also available in the following link.