Amazon SQS Adapter for SAP PI/PO
Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS) is a fast, reliable, scalable, fully managed message queuing service. SQS makes it simple and cost-effective to decouple the components of a cloud application. You can use SQS to transmit any volume of data, at any level of throughput, without losing messages or requiring other services to be always available.
Advantco Amazon SQS Adapter
The Advantco Amazon SQS Adapter enables you to exchange data with SAP PI/PO by means of Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS) protocol. The adapter manages the technical details of using the SQS API from the PI team. In terms of Amazon SQS communication, the adapter supports the following:
- Connect to Queue Url by credential authentication.
- Messages can be sent, received or deleted in batches of up to 10 messages or 256KB, meaning the adapter can be even more cost effective for customers that use batching.
- Long polling reduces extraneous polling to help you minimize cost while receiving new messages as quickly as possible. When your queue is empty, long-poll requests wait up to 20 seconds for the next message to arrive. Long poll requests cost the same amount as regular requests.
- When a message is received, it becomes “locked” while being processed. This keeps other computers from processing the message simultaneously. If the message processing fails, the lock will expire and the message will be available again. In the case where the application needs more time for processing, the “lock” timeout can be changed dynamically in adapter configuration.
- Handle stuck messages with Dead Letter Queues.
- Support SQS, SNS and S3 protocols
- Support JSON to XML conversion.
- Full integration with SAP PI Adapter Framework, Alert Framework and Monitoring.
- Available for SAP PI/PO 7.11, 7.3, 7.4