How can you drive agility, performance and growth in the chemical industry? The International SAP Conference on Chemicals 2014 on October 7and 8 in Amsterdam provided the answer. More than 160 people attended this event to hear from customers, partners and SAP how to best possibly deploy SAP’s latest innovations for the chemical industry. They learned not only how to synchronize processes – from supply chain management, through to
product development and operations and risk management – but also to simplify IT landscapes and architectures.
The Conference was co-located with the International SAP Conference on Asset Management to leverage synergies between industry and line of business topics and provide more deep dive learning and networking opportunities for customers and partners.
The event also gave clear evidence of strong momentum in terms of adopting SAP’s latest solution offerings built on the HANA platform and ready for cloud deployment. Here are some highlights:
- Don Mahoney, VP of SAP Solutions for Chemicals provided an overview of the latest industry trends, best practices and updates on SAP’s solution strategy for the chemical industry.
- Laura Tibodeau, CIO of Americas Styrenics talked about adopting SAP Best Practices for Chemicals on the HANA platform and deployed in the HANA Enterprise Cloud. This was a successful Greenfield implementation in less than 12 months. Challenges like no IT internal experience in deploying or supporting SAP ERP, lack of internal business and business process knowledge and limited and strained resources due to competing demands for time, were overcome.
- Manish Choksi, CIO of Asian Paints explained how the company realized its IT vision to enable a intercompany business network that links vendors, partners, retailers, manufacturers & consumers in an efficient way through leveraging SAP’s comprehensive solution portfolio. “You build it, we deploy it”.
- Andreas Hentjes, Bayer Material Science provided insight into how the company implemented SAP HANA to run CRM, SCM (APO) and ERP systems and also elaborated on performance gains achieved with HANA.
- Prof. Toni Waefler from the School of Applied Psychology, University of Applied Science and Arts Northwestern Switzerland shed some light on The Human Contribution to Process Excellence in High-Reliability Organizations.