SAP Mobile Platform Tools : RIN
This SAP Note provides information about the features released for following versions of SAP Mobile Platform Tools
- Patch 1.0.6
- Patch 1.0.7
- Patch 1.0.8
- Patch 1.1.1
- Patch 1.1.2
- Patch 1.1.3
Notes, SAP Mobile Platform Tools, API toolkit for SAP Mobile Platform, SAP Release Train for Eclipse, OData Modeler, Release notes, release information
Reason and Prerequisites
Maintain information about the features and updates delivered with each SAP Mobile Platform Tools release as mentioned in the https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/#gateway page.
SAP Mobile Platform tools is a collection of Eclipse based tools to help designing and provisioning OData services for SAP Mobile Platform.The OData Modeler is used to design OData models.
Features available in SAP Mobile Platform Tools:
OData Modeler: The OData Modeler provides wizards and a graphical editor that receive user actions and data in order to create OData models. The OData Modeler provides the following features:
OData Model Editor for OData Model Creation: The OData Modeler comprises of the OData Model Editor in Eclipse that enables you to start the OData service development phase by creating an OData model using the OData Model Elements available in the palette.
- Creating an OData Model: OData Models can be created using the following options:
- Blank OData Model
- From an OData service metadata url
- From an OData service metadata file
- From an existing OData service using the Service Catalog
- From an Existing OData Model
- Working in the OData Model Editor: OData Model Editor offers the following options:
- Add a OData model element by dragging and dropping the elements onto the editor
- Copy and Paste the Elements
- Use the Show/Hide All Usage option to show and hide the relationship between the elements in the OData Model Editor
- Layouting option to select and create your own layouts to view the OData model
- Exporting an OData Model from the OData Model Editor: Use the Export OData Model wizard to export an OData model file, *.odata, from a project in the OData Model Editor, to an XML file. Later, you can use the exported file in another tool, such as, the SAP NetWeaver Gateway Service Builder to quickly implement an OData service from the model.
- Service Catalog: The Service Catalog feature allows you to view the metadata of an OData service in the SAP NetWeaver Gateway landscape, inside the OData Model Editor. You can browse and discover the OData services that are available in the SAP NetWeaver Gateway system.
API toolkit for SAP Mobile Platform: The API toolkit for SAP Mobile Platform enables application developers to create OData services from one or more data sources (both SAP and non-SAP). This includes SOAP, JDBC, JPA and SAP NetWeaver based data sources. The resulting OData service runs on an SAP Mobile Platform 3.0 server. The API toolkit for SAP Mobile Platform provides the following features:
Binding Data Sources: The SAP Mobile Platform allows our users to build and deploy applications on all the major mobile device operating systems. To do this, the users need an OData service to build their own applications. The API Toolkit for SAP Mobile Platform provides functions for OData service provisioning. The toolkit provides an environment to connect to different data sources and to create artifacts. Using the API Toolkit for SAP Mobile Platform developers can bind OData models, which were defined with SAP Mobile Platform Tools to additional datasources like SOAP, JPA, JDBC or ODC (from SAP NetWeaver Gateway).
Defining Custom Code: This feature allows you to define custom code for projets created in version SAP Mobile Platform 3.0 SP04 and above. Custom code is defined to support system query options for SOAP Query mapping.
Generating and Deploying Service Implementation Project allows you to generate and deploy the created service implementation project.
Support for SP03 and Lower Projects: Here are the features that support the projects created using the SAP Mobile Platform 3.0 SP03 and lower runtime versions:
- Defining Custom Logic for SOAP Query Request: You can implement custom logic for projects created in SAP Mobile Platform 3.0 SP03 and lower runtime only. Custom logic is implemented to support system query options for SOAP Query mapping.
- Changing Target Runtime: If you have created an OData Implementation Project in target runtime SAP Mobile Platform 3.0 SP3 and below, you can migrate your project to SAP Mobile Platform 3.0 SP4.
- Accessibility issue with radio button navigation in Custom Code wizard is fixed.
- Documentation changes:
- Read-only tag appears along with the title in “Select Data Source” wizard
- Troubleshooting section is updated with “Network and Proxy Connection” issues (Both OData Modeler and API Toolkit for SAP Mobile Platform)
- Changes for SOAP support: Support for multi part and composite WSDLs is added
- Namespace alias issue is fixed.
- Error message for duplicate namespace is enhanced.
- Fix is provided for session based authentication
1. Fix for SOAP multipart and composite, which was not working in 1.0.6
1. Fix to remove deleted elements from mapping editor when deleted from odata file.
- Fix for Help links which were not working as “Topic not found” was thrown on every help page.
- Fix to include in log file, the Generate Integration Content action.
- Fix for providing an option to rename during Deploy Integration Content.
- Fix to prevent deletion of Manifest file.
- Fix to prevent null pointer exception on multiple clicks of “Remove DataSource Configuration”.
- Fix to prevent BasicIndexOutOfBoundsException on clicking Maintain after removal of node.
- Fix for Show Usage not being preserved when artifacts are copied across canvas.
- Fix for remove error messages on deletion of mappings.
- Fix for ODC Data Source not updating.
- Fix to disable menu items if more than one operation is selected.
1. Fix to remove a corrupted file.
1. Fix to solve deployment issue i.e. HTTP1.1 error on deployment of any project.