SAP has recently informed customers of an important change regarding the support of non-Unicode systems: New SAP NetWeaver Releases (SAP NetWeaver 7.40 and higher) and products based on SAP Netweaver will now be Unicode only (see http://service.sap.com/Unicode).
Unicode is the computing industry standard for consistent representation and manipulation of text, and is expressed in most of the world’s writing systems. Like most other software vendors, SAP also has had its systems enabled for Unicode for many years. With the release of SAP NetWeaver 7.0, Unicode became the only installation option for new systems.
If you want to learn more about the prerequisites and steps necessary to ensure a successful Unicode Migration project, the possible impact on interfaces,
resources required and effort expected, and if you want to get detailed information about available SAP tools and methodologies for your Unicode migration project, join one of the upcoming meet-the-expert sessions offered by the SAP Enterprise Support Academy (s-user login required):
- Unicode Migration: Strategy
- November, 3rd: 10-11:00 a.m. (CET)/ Language EN
- November, 3rd: 4-5:00 p.m. (CET)/ Language EN
- Unicode Migration: SAP Tools & Methodologies
- November, 4th: 10-11:00 a.m. (CET)/ Language EN
- November, 4th: 4-5:00 p.m. (CET)/ Language EN