2014 has been an amazing year for those of us working in the SAP world and interested in UX Strategy and Design. It’s not just the rise of UX, and the zeroing of licences for Fiori and Personas. We seem to have hit a sweet spot where the consumerism of IT on smartphones and tablets (and even the occasional piece of wearable technology) is making not just a theoretical but a very real impact on life-with-SAP and certainly on expectations of how life should be with SAP.
Nowhere have I seen this more in evidence than in the 2014 SAP Teched && dCode agenda. There are 131 sessions officially in the UX track, but as you start delving under the covers of many of the other tracks and looking for the magic keywords such as UX, User Experience, User Interface, Fiori, Personas, and the like at a rough count I’ve worked out that approximately 1/3rd of the over 1350 sessions are in talking user experience in some shape or form! But it does leave those of us who are lucky enough to go with a problem on where to focus our attention.
Not lucky enough to get to Teched && dCode in person? then maybe this will help you choose some sessions for SAP Teched Online.
So here’s my summary of what’s exciting me in the UX Strategy & UX Design space.
Coming to the Pre-Conference?
There’s an all day session on UX – Turn the SAP User Experience Strategy into Your Customer Reality
I might even see you there 😉
Watch out for these Speakers
You’ve seen him on YouTube, you’ve seen him in the Massive Online Open Course SAP’s UX Strategy in a Nutshell now see him IRL
- TEC837 Road Map Q&A: SAP User Interface Technologies
- TEC104 User Experience Strategy and UI Road Map – The Next Steps
- EXP17663 SAP User Interfaces – The Key Takeaways
Trying to sort out what UI technology fits where? Try our Director of User Interfaces
- UXP109 Roundtable – UX Strategy Implementation
- UXP200 Overview About SAP UI Technologies and When to Choose What
- EXP17637 Overview of SAP User Interfaces
- EXP17630 Create Business Value with User Experience Design Services
Andreas heads up the Design and Co-Innovation Center. He’s explaining SAP’s User Experience Strategy and alos the new UX Design Services that are directed at helping SAP customers work out their UX roadmap.
- UXP101 Create Business Value with UX Design Services
- EXP17629 Designing the Future – SAP’s User Experience Strategy
Heike van Geel
Heike is one of our Design Strategists working out of the Design and Co-Innovation Center of Apphaus fame. She’s running sessions on practical UX design.
- UXP160 Building New Applications with Great User Experience Using Design Thinking
- UXP260 How to Create a Road Map Leading to Delightful User Experience Design
Looking for the Potential in the UX space? Try these
- UXP100 SAP Fiori Overview
- EXP17373 Enhancing the User Experience with the SAP Fiori Launchpad
- INT201 Unified Inbox with SAP Fiori
- UXP111 SAPUI5 Face-to-Face
- EXP17602 UI Theme Designer
- INT261 Build SAP Fiori-Style User Interfaces for Mobile Usage of SAP BPM
- UXP102 OpenUI5 – Leveraging the Power of Open Source
- UXP203 What’s New and Exciting in SAP Screen Personas – Demo, Migration, Road Map
- EXP17578 SAP Screen Personas: What Is New?
- UXP106 SAP NetWeaver Business Client 5.0 – What’s New
- UXP117 Experience with Google Glass and Business Applications
- TEC109 Google Glass – SAP Experiences and Challenges of a New Interaction Paradigm
Looking to see how SAP can help you build your own UX Roadmap? Don’t miss this!
- UXP 101 Create Business Value with UX Design Services
- EXP17413 Strategies for Learning and Deploying User Experience Solutions from SAP
Have a wonderful time and if you are coming to Vegas – see you there!