Difference between SAP Note and SAP Knowledge Base Article (KBA).
Read this blog to get a general understanding on the difference between SAP Note and SAP Knowledge Base Article (KBA).
Both SAP Notes and SAP Knowledge Base Articles are support documents to help you to find answers to questions arising from your daily work with SAP software products. SAP Notes are the standard tool for coding corrections and contain beside the description from business point of view also the technical solution, whereas SAP Knowledge Base Articles complementing the SAP Notes by describing additional issues in business language. Both SAP Notes and SAP Knowledge Base Articles will be found via SAP Notes and Knowledge Base Article Search and the SAP Incident Wizard. Containing screenshot, SAP Knowledge Base Articles combine compact information with additional visualizations and references to other knowledge sources within SAP. With the rating option in the upper right hand corner of all SAP Knowledge Base Articles you are able to provide feedback, and this rating will help improve the general quality of SAP Knowledge Base Articles.
Comparison chart SAP Notes vs. SAP Knowledge Base Articles
- 80% of SAP Notes contain coding corrections
- Solve technical issues
- Most of the SAP Notes contain beside the description of the issue from a business perspective also a technical solution
- SAP Notes must pass several Quality Checks like dual control principle and implementation/validation tests
- Implementation tool for the coding corrections is available to help customer to implement SAP Notes
- Translated into English, German and Japanese
SAP Knowledge Base Articles
- No coding corrections
- Incident-specific documents
- Description and resolution in reference to customer incidents
- Instant publishing
- Enriched content (embedded screenshots)
- Rating features to provide feedback on the quality of a KBA