Coming Down Under – see you at SAP Architect and Developer Summit in Sydney
I am excited to be visiting Australia in November for the inaugural SAP tech conference – created expressly for developers, engineers and architects.
SAP is inviting all architects, developers, technologists, database and system administrators to join us in Sydney for two days of inspiration, education and hands-on training.
We’re excited to bring respected global experts with deep practitioner expertise from SAP and the ecosystem to Australia. Our sessions will cover SAP HANA Development, UI5 Development, Analytics and Sybase Data Management.
What will I learn?
These will be hard core technical sessions. We will leave the marketing fluff at the door and focus on architecture and coding in these sessions. It’s a great opportunity to get a head start on which ever of the next generation SAP technologies you are interested in.
My colleague Rich Heilman, Senior Product Manager SAP HANA and myself will be presenting the following sessions in the Development and Extension Platform for SAP HANA and Cloud stream:
- 4 hour hands on workshop on Developing SAP HANA Native Applications with SAP HANA Cloud Platform. In this session we focus on various parts of the HANA native development programming model – such as CDS, Views, SQLScript, XSJS, and SAPUI5. The difference here is that with 4 hours we get to see how all the pieces work together to create a complete application. Although we look at some of the specifics of using HANA native development on HCP (HANA Cloud Platform), everything we will learn will also be applicable to HANA on premise systems as well.
- 2 hour hands on workshop on the Evolution of the ABAP Programming Language
- 2 hour hands on workshop on SQLScript – Push Code Down into SAP HANA to Achieve Maximum Performance. In this hands-on session, we cover how to code stored procedures and user-defined functions in SQLScript.
- 2 hour hands on workshop Custom ABAP Code – Get Ready for SAP HANA!
Mustafa Saglam Director of Product Management, SAP Gateway, SAP Palo Alto
- 2 hour hands on workshop Advanced OData Service Development with SAP Gateway
There’s also the User Experience and User Interface Development stream featuring:
Kynan Jones Solution Advisor – Database & Technology, SAP Australia
- 2 hour hands on workshop Designing SAP Fiori Custom Applications
The Data Management and Modelling stream features Sybase content:
Richard Pledereder Senior Vice President in the HANA Data Platform Engineering team, SAP
- 50 min lecture The Future for SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise – 16 and Beyond
Chase Hacker Director, Database Center of Excellence – Sybase Lead, SAP Asia Pacific
- 50 min lecture SAP IQ – The Key Ingredient in your Big Data Analytics Strategy
Rob Verschoor Technical Director, Global Database Solutions, SAP
- 50 min lecture SAP Exodus Program – A Factory Process for Migrating to the SAP Data Management Platform
- Rob is the author of the much-revered Sybase Quick Reference Guides, among many other things
Rudi Leibbrandt Senior Director – Platform Solutions Group, SAP
- 50 min lecture SAP Replication Server – 2014 and Beyond
- 50 min lecture Modelling & Architecture with SAP PowerDesigner
- 50 min lecture SAP Event Stream Processor
There are also streams for
Enterprise Analytics, Business Intelligence and Planning Technology, Strategy and Innovations
- You can view the agenda here – there are 3 streams across 2 days
Who else is speaking?
Dan Holle Chief Technology Office SAP. Patent holder, co-creator of the SQL language, founding engineer at Teradata
- Talking about Development Considerations of using New Technologies in the Enterprise
Day one Locknote
DJ Adams Principal at Bluefin Solutions (UK), SAP Mentor
- Fiori & UI5 Software Logistics, or: Are We In The Future Yet?
- You can learn a little about DJ in his ‘Blog it Forward’ blog here
Plus, several of the Australian & New Zealand SAP Mentors will be there and presenting in the exhibition area such as
Why should I attend?
- Great for your career!
- There’s so much rapid change in the industry, we all need to stay up to date to help the organisations we work with stay ahead of the pack
- Plenty of opportunities for networking, Q&A with the presenters, and a cold drink or 3.
Conference name: SAP Architect and Developer Summit
Date: Thursday 20 – Friday 21 November, 2014
Venue: Australian Technology Park, Sydney, Australia
Cost: AUD 695.00
I am looking forward to meeting as many people from the Australia/New Zealand region as possible and sharing your experiences.
See you soon