A nice way of making your Web Intelligence Report even more interactive is adding “buttons”.
For example we want to have “buttons” for “year” as selection.
It goes like this.
- Create report, adding the fields you want
- Change the layout of your table, add a second table above your first one and enter only “year” in it, make sure it is a horizontal table
- Change your layout of the “year” table: like this
- you can go to table-properties: Format Table >> Appearance >> Spacing and Padding >> Set horizontal (and vertical) to like 0.5cm
- Create element linkingReport Element >> Linking >> Element
- Link the “year”-table (horizontal table) to your “report”(Crosstab)
- Et voila, your webi works now interactive via the linking
- Now put some make-up on the report. (adding button image in your “year”cells) and you will have “buttons in your webi report“
- Note: the header works as a total selection, all values are selected on click (like the clear in input control), so you can pimp it even some more