SAP Teched && d-Code 2014: Las Vegas – Now We’re Cooking with Peanut Oil!
I’m going to SAP TechEd/d-code in Las Vegas again. This is the ultimate way to get with developers and hear what SAP is really up to!
Las Vegas Oct. 20-24, 2014
DEV262 Evolution of the ABAP Programming Language Hands-On Workshop (2hr)
With SAP NetWeaver 7.40, SAP has reached a new milestone in evolving the ABAP programming language to a modern expression-oriented programming language. The new ABAP features covered in this session will include: inline declarations, constructor expressions, table expressions, table comprehensions, and the new deep move corresponding.
Prerequisites — Basic knowledge of the ABAP programming language.
CR714 How to Test Your ABAP Source Code for Security Vulnerabilities Code Review (30 min)
Bring your own code — as we discuss potential vulnerabilities and talk about the tools and possibilities to protect against them.
Prerequisites — Participants should be ABAP developers and know how to write ABAP source code.
CJ607 ABAP for SAP HANA CodeJam mini-editions (1hr)
Wanted: Developers interested in ABAP for SAP HANA. Ever heard of ABAP CDS view-building, the ABAP-managed DB procedures for SAP HANA? Get your hands on the latest ABAP 7.4 features tailored for SAP HANA.
Beginner — No previous technical experience with this topic.
SEC262 Secure ABAP Development — One Bug is Enough to Put Your Application at Risk Hands-on Workshop (4hr)
Security is no longer considered a luxury in IT systems. Your tried and true custom ABAP programs could be used in different scenarios — some of whicih you may not have anticipated. It is more important than ever for developers to understand how to write secure code. This session covers the typical ABAP security pitfalls and houw to avoid them.
Prerequisites — Thorough understanding of the ABAP programming language.
The best of the week are the hands-on sessions — don’t forget to schedule your first 2 sessions ASAP.
Advice for first time attendees:
1. If you have a question, ask it, no one can read you mind. You will find others sighing with relief that someone else asked their same question.
2. Take your time, don’t stress our, it can seem overwhelming at times. Sit down, have a cup of coffee, take a breath.
3. Check out the Expert Networking Sessions — Walk up and listen to see if it is something that will benefit you or your work group.
4. Pace yourself – Las Vegas has a lot to offer, and if you need some antacid, there is a Walgreens on the sidewalk in from of the Palazzo.
5. Tip, many people overdo it on Thursday night drag their suitcases to breakfast on Friday trying to catch an early flight out. The Friday morning sessions still have some great hands-on sessions that you might be able to catch and make your week!