It is critical to have common settings for currencies or units in development, quality and production landscapes, and across different SAP system. This document explains an easy way of comparing and adjusting the SAP system tables related to units (Ex. T006I) and currencies (Ex. TCURX). We can compare the entries in the standard SAP tables for the same and adjust/copy the missing entries from the system we are comparing with.
Author: Yogesh Kulkarni
Created on: 06 Oct 2014
Yogesh Kulkarni is presently working with Infosys. He has worked extensively in SAP Business Intelligence and Data-warehousing space.
Table of Contents
- Step by step guide for table comparison and copy / adjustments
- Step 1: Logon and check the table contents
- Step 2: Compare the table contents with other system
- Step 3: Various options for Comparison and Copy / Adjust
There is always a need to ensure consistency in the currency or unit settings across SAP landscapes. Comparing the table contents manually can be a tedious task if we are dealing with a table like TCURR which has thousands of entries for exchange rates. This document explains the step by step guide to do such comparisons and also adjust the entries according to the comparison system without hassles.
Such comparison can be done between any two systems which have RFC connection set up between them.
Step by step guide for table comparison and copy / adjustments
We will take an example of table TCURT (Currency Code Names) for our comparison. We will login into one SAP BW system and try to compare the TCURT table with other SAP BW system with which we have an RFC connection set up. Please note below prerequisites before we proceed further.
- Comparison authorization S_TABU_RFC to the RFC user that is to perform the comparison.
- RFC connection between two systems which we want to compare.
- No comparison is possible if the comparison client/system is protected against external access with respect to the view/table comparison tool (see client table T000, transaction SCC4).
Step 1: Logon and check the table contents
- Logon to the system where you need to check the contents of the table and compare it with other system.
- Go to transaction SPRO – SAP Reference IMG – SAP Customizing Implementation Guide – SAP NetWeaver – General settings – Currencies – Check Currency Codes.
- Click on the button shown below to see the Currency Codes maintained in your system.
- You will see the list of Currency Codes as shown below.
Step 2: Compare the table contents with other system
- Go to menu: Utilities – Adjustment as shown below.
- You will get a popup to put the system/client you want to compare your table with. You can also use the F4 button to see all the available system/clients (which have RFC connection set up with your system).
- After selecting the System/Client, click on ‘Continue’ button to see the comparison of TCURT table between your system/client and the comparing system/client.
- As you can see in below picture, it shows following details about your comparison.
- View: V_CURC
- Logon System: System you are logged in
- Comparison System: System you are comparing your table with
- Date: Current date
- Various Options like Adjust, Statistics: explained in next step
Step 3: Various options for Comparison and Copy / Adjust
Apart from standard ALV display options, we get few other helpful options here.
- Adjust – This option can be used to adjust/copy the entries from comparison system/client to logon system/client.
- Filter – This option can be used to filter the comparison entries based on below shown criteria’s. This is very useful to analyze the differences in two systems.
- Statistics – This option can be used to see the statistics of comparison as shown below.
- Legend – This option can be used to see the legend for color coding used in comparison data display.
Though we have a standard way of extracting and loading Currency and Unit settings from one system to other, we need to have a corresponding Source System created in our system. The standard way does not give us the flexibility to compare and selectively load the settings from source system (it’s always an update or rebuild). In such scenarios, this method provides a very sophisticated and flexible way of comparing and adjusting the standard settings for currencies and units across different SAP systems.
© Copyright 2012 SAP AG. All rights reserved.
No part of this publication may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or for any purpose without the express permission of SAP AG. The information contained herein may be changed without prior notice.
Some software products marketed by SAP AG and its distributors contain proprietary software components of other software vendors.
Microsoft, Windows, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
IBM, DB2, DB2 Universal Database, System i, System i5, System p, System p5, System x, System z, System z10, System z9, z10, z9, iSeries, pSeries, xSeries, zSeries, eServer, z/VM, z/OS, i5/OS, S/390, OS/390, OS/400, AS/400, S/390 Parallel Enterprise Server, PowerVM, Power Architecture, POWER6+, POWER6, POWER5+, POWER5, POWER, OpenPower, PowerPC, BatchPipes, BladeCenter, System Storage, GPFS, HACMP, RETAIN, DB2 Connect, RACF, Redbooks, OS/2, Parallel Sysplex, MVS/ESA, AIX, Intelligent Miner, WebSphere, Netfinity, Tivoli and Informix are trademarks or registered trademarks of IBM Corporation.
Linux is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.
Adobe, the Adobe logo, Acrobat, PostScript, and Reader are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.
Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation.
UNIX, X/Open, OSF/1, and Motif are registered trademarks of the Open Group.
Citrix, ICA, Program Neighborhood, MetaFrame, WinFrame, VideoFrame, and MultiWin are trademarks or registered trademarks of Citrix Systems, Inc.
HTML, XML, XHTML and W3C are trademarks or registered trademarks of W3C®, World Wide Web Consortium, Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Java is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation.
SAP, R/3, SAP NetWeaver, Duet, PartnerEdge, ByDesign, SAP Business ByDesign, and other SAP products and services mentioned herein as well as their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP AG in Germany and other countries.
Business Objects and the Business Objects logo, BusinessObjects, Crystal Reports, Crystal Decisions, Web Intelligence, Xcelsius, and other Business Objects products and services mentioned herein as well as their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Business Objects S.A. in the United States and in other countries. Business Objects is an SAP company.
All other product and service names mentioned are the trademarks of their respective companies. Data contained in this document serves informational purposes only. National product specifications may vary.
These materials are subject to change without notice. These materials are provided by SAP AG and its affiliated companies (“SAP Group”) for informational purposes only, without representation or warranty of any kind, and SAP Group shall not be liable for errors or omissions with respect to the materials. The only warranties for SAP Group products and services are those that are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services, if any. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty.