SAP Roadmap for Mexico’s e-Accounting (2a RM of RMF 2014)
I would like to bring our attention to an upcoming solution that is part of the growing trend of standardization components in ERP for compliance data interchange in LATAM. The e-Accounting SAP solution not only follows best practices but also builds upon the existing SAP e-Invoicing standardization. Some of the benefits are not only in master data sync up and tracking but also in the ability to provide a level of flexibility to quickly build and customize around the existing government requirements.
In the case of this solution, the expectation is for a low to minimum level of customization required outside the prevalent flexibility within SAP’s design.
According to the published mandates, the information listed below has to be provided it via a “Tax Mailbox” (buzón tributario):
1- Chart of Account: has to be provided once in the beginning and updated every time an account is added/deleted or changed
2- Balances (beginning balance, period postings: credit/debits, end balance) of all accounts: need to be generated monthly
3- Journal Entries (type, accounts, amount, taxes…), only required if the government requests it (for audit).
The information has to be reported via XML files, with formats defined in Annex24 (Anexo 24).
SAP is announced GA for October 8th, 2014. The Journal Entries report is planned for the second week of December. As the deadline is now set for January 1st for all three components, the availability looks to be early in the process and allowing additional time to adopt and integrate.
- Meets SAP roadmap to deliver compliant data exchange integration for LATAM B2G communications. A robust and mature SAP Mexico e-Invoicing ERP localization framework is also available since January of 2014 allowing further integration with the backend master data. This includes the UUID or tax approval tracking number and other tax tracking information that can be stored locally.
- The chart of accounts is integrated via FSV or Financial Statement Version used in FI to generate other financial forms and reports. Here are the main benefits indicated by SAP:
– With the use of the FSV, there is no need to enhance GL master data to enter SAT code.
– FSV would be a one-time activity and makes it easy to add/modify FSV items.
– All the relevant GL accounts required for the Balances reporting are already defined in the FSV.
- Flexibility exists to expedite deployment by an experienced premier partner/provider with uncompromising E2E compliance within the established time frames. Enhancements allow for improvements in document tracking, generation and communication, aiding accounting departments during audits, swiftly resolving discrepancies while staying compliant.