Design Studio Best Practices Design Experience – ASUG Webcast Part 3
SAP’s Jie Deng covered this part of the webcast. See CSS Design Studio Best Practices ASUG Webcast Part 2 and Design Studio Best Practices Webcast – Platform Specifics– ASUG Webcast, Part 1
Note the usual legal disclaimer applies that things in the future are subject to change.
Figure 1: Source: SAP
Figure 1 shows the suggestion to group components via a panel
Use a grid layout for dynamic sizing
The panel’s advantage is that it has a clear structure in outline and it is easy to copy/paste
You “Create once and reuse”
If you have panel, you have flexible CSS options
In Design Studio 1.4 the panel has an online composition concept where you can save a part of the panel as a fragment, portable bookmark.
Design Studio 1.4 will provide the global scripting as discussed in Figure 2.
You can directly move coding with the invisible button
Figure 3: Source: SAP
Figure 3 covers setting the fixed column width in the cross tab – able to define fixed column
Figure 4: Source: SAP
Figure 4 has the tip of using an asterisk where all columns will have the width 100
Figure 5: Source: SAP
Figure 5 shows formatted text and component. You can use the formatted text in additional properties window to create styling and headings
Scripting command setHTMLText and GetHTLMLTExt are available.
Figure 6: Source: SAP
Figure 6 covers the example of your CSS class and how to set that in the property panel.
More to come.
Upcoming related ASUG webcasts – you need to be logged on to ASUG.com to register:
- September 30: BI with Lumira Roadmap Update – the Future of BI with BusinessObjects
- October 1: Case Study: ArceloMittal Mines shares Managing a Global, Cloud-based BI on HANA Implementation to Improve Business KPI Performance and Reporting
- October 2: ASUG SAP Lumira Influence Council Launch
- October 8: Delivery Call for SAP Customer Connection Business Objects BI Platform
- October 6: Design Studio Overview – 1.3 with Sneak Preview of 1.4
- October 7: Design Studio Best Practices at Palo Alto Networks