Design Studio Best Practices Webcast – Platform Specifics– ASUG Webcast, Part 1
Roberto Lorenzo, SAP consultant, covered this part of the ASUG webcast.
Figure 1: Source: SAP
Figure 1 shows you get an empty page on the portal but a local mode everything works fine
Figure 2: Source: SAP
A possible reason for the issue shown in Figure 1 is that Security is not set up in the portal– see chapter 5.5 of the admin guide – SMP logon required
Figure 3: Source: SAP
Figure 3 shows the need to add more authorization groups to iView and Page.
The path is shown above in Figure 3.
Figure 4: Source: SAP
Figure 4 covers issues adding images to BW Mime Repository
Using SAP transaction SU53 you can see the authorization objects that are missing
Figure 5: Source: SAP
Figure 5 shows the authorizations added to the S_RFC object
Figure 6: Source: SAP
On BI platform you get the message and you get different run time versions
Some components are not displayed
When you logon Design Studio client and BI platform are not on same version you get a warning
You want to ensure DS client and add-on have the same version
Figure 7: Source: SAP
Figure 7 shows you are facing scripting errors on the portal or BI Platform but not face scripting errors in local mode
These could be errors in the add-on package, and the recommendation is to open an OSS message
More to come.
Upcoming related ASUG webcasts – you need to be logged on to ASUG.com to register:
- September 30: BI with Lumira Roadmap Update – the Future of BI with BusinessObjects
- October 1: Case Study: ArceloMittal Mines shares Managing a Global, Cloud-based BI on HANA Implementation to Improve Business KPI Performance and Reporting
- October 2: ASUG SAP Lumira Influence Council Launch
- October 8: Delivery Call for SAP Customer Connection Business Objects BI Platform
- October 6: Design Studio Overview – 1.3 with Sneak Preview of 1.4
- October 7: Design Studio Best Practices at Palo Alto Networks