Continuing the ASUG SAP TechEd && d-code meet the speaker series (Las Vegas), please meet ASUG SAP TechEd d-code speaker Carlos Silva who is a Basis Administrator. His session is ITM243 Lean and Consistent Landscape Management with SAP Test Data Migration Server
The session abstract states:
Find out how Petrobras is leveraging SAP Test Data Migration Server in their daily work to manage their complex development and quality assurance system landscape, and how it enables improved testing and validation of application development activities in a multi-year project budgeting and tracking solution.
In his own words:
Carlos is a Computer Engineer with postgraduate degree in Software Project Management studies who lives in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
He has been working with SAP since 2008. What is more, he has previous 8 years’ long experience as a database administrator (Oracle, Sybase, MS SQL Server).
He is a Basis administrator at Petrobras, a Brazilian energy company. He is a member of a Basis team which administrates over 300 SAP systems.
Carlos is responsible for :
– technical implementation of SAP TDMS for Petrobras;
– technical management of a project evaluation of SAP LVM 2.0 tool
– support of the main ERP landscape;
– identification of the root causes of performance issues across all landscapes, specially those related to poor application of code (ABAP and SQL);
– support of CRM landscape;
About his session :
His session at TechEd && D-Code 2014 will be ITM243 – “Lean and Consistent Test Data Landscape Management with SAP TDMS”. From the abstract :
Key Learning Points:
1. Learn how Petrobras approached the requirements definition and configuration of the reduction rules to comply with the complex multi-year process regulations and requirements of the business users.
2. Learn how Petrobras has reduced the complexity and duration of their refresh system process while protecting sensitive data in non-production environments.
3. Understand how Petrobras achieved large storage footprint savings through implementing SAP TDMS.
4. Get an overview of the planning and implementation process of SAP TDMS and the paradigm shift in data provisioning from purely basis tasks to enable functional and technical staff ‘self-service’ data provisioning.
Furthermore, the session will describe the challenges the project team have faced and are still facing in order to implement the project.
After a longer while he is thinking about pushing a new hobby, he was finally able to get myself involved in two things, which for various reasons he was unable to do in the past.
1) Tennis : when not working he loves to play tennis. This year, fortunately, he found time to have weekly tennis classes and, apart from that, he plays with friends as well. It´s very nice to observe progress when you dedicate your time to it – he can already notice an improvement in the movements compared to some months ago. And he recommends doing sports to everybody.
2) Aquarium : He bought an 80 litres fresh aquarium (see picture at the left) this year after a long time of just thinking about it. Although he is still a beginner, He has already studied a lot about fish behavior and about the characteristics and the weaknesses of each species. It´s very beautiful when he comes home at night, turn the aquarium lightening on, and look at the fish, the plants, all the decoration inside of it. he can feel there´s life inside of my living room! But he says keeping it is not an easy task. You have to spend some time weekly to maintain it.
ASUG Pre-conference Sessions
ASUG is has opened registration for pre-conferences session at SAP TechEd && d-code on Monday, October, 20th – see Announcing ASUG SAP TechEd d-code Pre-Conference Sessions
Join ASUG at SAP TechEd && d-code
Venetian/Palazzo Congress Center
Join ASUG in October and meet Carlos in person.